Room design

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Walnut and Orange!??!?!?!? Then plain walls and ceiling is a must!
Or please, for all that's holy, buy a much more muted TV stand! 🤣
Did you have asbestos in the walls or not, in the end?

Hey I love that tv unit 🤣 we do have another which is mainly white with walnut trim lol.
The guys didn’t test for asbestos, they just said they’d treat it and skim over the top, the ceiling is being boarded over.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now is when I'd be running cables in walls for speakers...

And that radiator will work better on the wall... and plumbed in :p

Ha ha yes, I need to work out where the tv will be, either in the middle of the wall (measure from small window) or middle of the room, once I have that position sussed I can run the cables in. I’m hoping behind the skirting boards or maybe under the new flooring.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ha ha yes, I need to work out where the tv will be, either in the middle of the wall (measure from small window) or middle of the room, once I have that position sussed I can run the cables in. I’m hoping behind the skirting boards or maybe under the new flooring.
We were not 100% sure just exactly where we’d position our TV on the wall so didn’t have the TV cabling run in - though we did have the sockets put in. Now we have the TV up I’m just going to fix a short length of plastic ducting to cover up the HDMI and optical audio leads. I could have a channel cut into the plasterboard and hidden but don’t feel inclined to do that. If Mrs SILH does like it then I’ll do it or get it done.