Rick Garg

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So so sad.
Thoughts are with his family and friends....

Maybe further down the line we can all do something in his honour.... Rename a trophy or another annual competition to raise some money....

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm shocked by this, I had a phone call last week to tell me what had happened but I fully expected the guy to pull through. Never played with Rick but met him quite a few times at various meets and he can best be described as a fun guy.

It would be fitting to have some sort of trophy to honour his H4H work and all round forum contribution.

Thoughts go out to his family and also to his many friends on here that were closer to him than I was.

RIP Rick

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
All I have are great memories of our nights out and our time on the course. He was the absolute best at both. His outlook on life was an example to us all.
RIP mate, you'll be truly missed.

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Terrible news that filtered through last night. Gutted for the family, what a great guy who will be missed by many.

Met Rick a few times over the past many years, mainly at Hdid meets. He sold my my Nike clubs about 6 years ago that I still use today!!

He was a great guy and his loss is tragic.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never met Rick but was due to at Camberley Heath in October, sadly that won't happen now. Despite that I feel as though I knew him pretty well as a golfer thanks to this forum. Condolences to all his family and friends at this sad time. RIP Rick.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Such sad news, I had to read the post a few times before it sunk in. I'm glad to be able to say Ive played a round of golf with. RIP Rick.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am devastated by the news. It has been a long few days since I played at the Centurion a week last Monday and asked the pro's where Rick was as i saw his car in the car-park and was told the news. After the emergency operation, I was praying and expecting a recovery. One of life's true gentlemen, a good friend to many will be sorely missed. RIP Rick

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm shocked by this, I had a phone call last week to tell me what had happened but I fully expected the guy to pull through. Never played with Rick but met him quite a few times at various meets and he can best be described as a fun guy.

It would be fitting to have some sort of trophy to honour his H4H work and all round forum contribution.

Thoughts go out to his family and also to his many friends on here that were closer to him than I was.

RIP Rick
What many folk are thinking..... I certainly will be making a further contribution to the H4H Fund, 'in lie of flowers' & memory of Rick & the work he, along with Rich, has done for this Event....... unless there is an alternative fund developed.
Also think there should be something annual as a Remembrance of a 'Top, Top guy'...... gone way too soon!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

Had the absolute pleasure of Rick's company at Centurion and at West Hill for H4H last year and a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet - I don't think the smile ever left his face over either round!

Shocked to read this news, my thoughts are with his wife and daughter, we've lost one of life's truly good guys.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

Only met Rick once, during the Ping fitting day at the Centurion, but he came across as a top bloke always cracking jokes and telling stories. Think the length of this thread already shows the esteem he was held in by fellow forummers.

RIP Rick, you'll be missed by everyone who has had the good fortune to have crossed your path. Thoughts are with his family at this time.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A very very sad time, there really is no justice in the world when one of life's good guys is taken so early.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Rick

I have read through this thread in shock like many before me. The words above struck a very true chord. No justice at all in the world when something like this happens to such a 'proper' bloke.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
Have not posted on here for a while, but wanted to share how upset I was to hear the news of Rick's passing.

As others have said he was a great guy and although I never had the privilege of sharing a fairway with Rick I did chat to him on several occasions at various different meets and enjoyed his company immensely.

We have lost a very nice person far too early and my thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

RIP Rick x

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll be honest, the first time I met Rick I remember asking some of the NW lads "Do you think he's a genuine fella", the cynic that I am - they all said yes. Over the course of that H4H weekend and further times, he was to prove that he was a genuine fella, and much, much more. He was a true gentleman.

He had a natural enthusiasm for life and golf, and most of all something that very few people have - charisma. You knew that if he was at a meet, it wouldn't just be a game of golf, it would be a bet, banter, beers and burgers. I was lucky enough to have 3-4 games in his company and all were a pleasure. When I was first thinking of captains for the Trump trip, Rick was the first person I thought of for the southern lads. I knew that him coming would also bring another 10-12 people, as you couldn't help but get carried along in the whirlwind of enthusiasm that he brought with him.

In that first game, me and another guy didn't give him a free drop from what he was asking may have been a rabbit scrape - I said if the rabbit had a "club foot", and that foot was an 8 iron, then ok. He burst out laughing, took it in the right spirit and carried on, without any repercussions.

I only found out about what happened on Sunday night on the course, and after hearing the terrible news last night, I was absolutely gutted. Rick (and Richart)are the type of fellas who in no small measure have united the forum from north to south, through the H4H meet, and the forum is a better place for it, and genuinely, is like a well spread out family.

I'm sure he's asking St. Peter if Pearly gates get free relief, as we speak.

Condolences to Rick's family, and close friends. Rest well, fella.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Last time I played with Rick was at Woburn earlier this year.
He didn't have the best of mornings but smiled all the way round, laughing and joking.
And I will never forget what he said to me when I made the scabbiest (and I do mean THE scabbiest) eagle at the par 5 2nd hole.
His face was a picture.
:D:D