Re-gripping clubs

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where's the best place to buy grips from please? Any recommendations welcome.

To do it myself I need, new grips, tape, white spirit (or similar), glue or is that on the tape?, a sharp blade.

Going to watch some videos tonight and give my wedges a go myself.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Adore Golf Grips are very good.

Grips, double sided tape, measure the tape right & you won't need the sharp blade. You missed the vice clamp.

The most important thing is a good eye, particularly with ribbed grips, because if you get it on cock-eyed it will drive you up the wall.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A good tip is with most grips there is a line where the both sides have been glued together once you get it in position use a 12” ruler to line this joint up straight.
It’s fairly easy to regrip clubs.
Just be careful taking the old ones off with a blade.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adore , never had a problem.

There's videos on both golf price and lamkin sites.

Use 360 grips it's easy then and plenty of solvent, I use white spirit.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just started doing this myself.....easy peasy. Once I've done it once, the next time will be even easier. I understand just giving the clubs to someone else to do.....but I like being in control of what happens to my clubs. Oh.....and I used Adore.....no complaint from me.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just started doing this myself.....easy peasy. Once I've done it once, the next time will be even easier. I understand just giving the clubs to someone else to do.....but I like being in control of what happens to my clubs. Oh.....and I used Adore.....no complaint from me.

You may find that depends on the grip that you use; some are particularly tight and a pain in the proverbial to adjust.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It very much depends on the type and quality of the grips you want to fit.

I generally buy off ebay but do not go for well known makes. JLgolf is as seller I always look at to see what they have got.

Make sure you use standard/premium tape and know which internal bore size on the grip you want.

If you a re doing well know makes of wedges such a Vokey they are .580 diameter shafts.

Mandofred

Visit site
You may find that depends on the grip that you use; some are particularly tight and a pain in the proverbial to adjust.
I tried standard size grips with 4+ tapes...that got "kind of" hard to put on. But the grips that I've put on since......lots of white spirit....just....plain....easy. I mean...quote me here.....easy. Which ones are hard?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried standard size grips with 4+ tapes...that got "kind of" hard to put on. But the grips that I've put on since......lots of white spirit....just....plain....easy. I mean...quote me here.....easy. Which ones are hard?
It’s all in the quality of the tape.
Some double sided tape from diy shops gets really hard to do because the white spirit dosnt soften the glue.
But most proper golf tape is easy.
The only hard ones I find are superstroke putters and you have to be quick lining them up.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plus 4 tape is midsize isn’t it.
Measure 1 is wrist to end of finger ,
Measure 2 is longest finger.229C6796-F47F-4E36-857A-8384900BBAB8.png

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get a hooked blade for your Stanley knife to get the old grips off, easier and safer. Use plenty of solvent inside the new grip and on the tape so you can get it on and line it up easily. Also a bucket or a tray to catch the solvent and put it back in the bottle.

Once you decided what grips you want shop around because prices can vary.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Gamola or Adore are both really good. My pro has limited space and so limited stock but is really good if I buy a set of grips at giving me a good deal for the time and tape to stick them on for me which means I can get what I like and don't have the hassle of having to do it myself

D

Deleted member 18588

Unless using grips with an inbuilt spine I put my grips on with the logo on the underside.

I know some of the pro's prefer this method as it avoids potential alignment issues.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can buy the tape off e bay that is already cut to lengths. That's what I did. Oh, and use loads of white spirit. There is a vid on you tube with a bloke from golf pride showing how it's done. I watched that and did what he said. Dead easy. No hassle whatsoever. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN. (y)