Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was a kid I think the 'ph' version was actually more common. One of my mates was named Steven but I figured it was because his family was Irish, all the others in my school were Stephens.

Basketball player (who also dabbles in golf) Steph Curry's name is actually Stephen. Obviously didn't fancy being a 'Steve'.
Everyone calls me Steve anyway, except my parents, close family relatives, my wife and her mum.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Surname has 4 letters ,with 2 the same . Always spell it out and even then they get it wrong ,about 30% get the pronunciation right 😉😅.
Forename abrviated to Ben but Benjamin can be heard after hitting errant shots 😄

Great name Benjamin!

Sincerely,

Benjamin

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We used to have a lady in our office who transcribed tape recorded interviews. She did not know the difference between there, their and they’re. Whenever anyone referred to the national speed limit she transcribed it as the “natural speed limit”. The list of errors was endless.

In short, she was utterly hopeless.
I have a couple of golfing mates that confuse brought with bought. After many subtle hints they still haven’t figured out their error.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flying, and everything associated with it.

When I come to power there will be a simple set of rules;

1. If you need wheels on your bag it's not hand luggage and has to be checked in.
2. If you are unable to lift your bag above your head easily it's not hand luggage and has to be checked in.
3. If you get to security and don't realise you need to have liquids in a clear bag, electronics out of your bag etc you get sent to the back of the queue.
4. Anyone standing two abreast on a travellator or escalator will be tasered.
5. If you get to the front of the queue at check in and don't have your passport ready you are banned from flying ever again.
6. If you walk through the airport staring at your phone or searching for something in your bag instead of looking where you're going you will get thrown out of the airport and have your luggage burned.
7. Any retailer that charges more than 10% above high street prices will be fined £10k per item that is over that limit. 18 euros for a tuna sandwich, bag of crisps and a black coffee is taking the you know what.
8. If you are too fat to fit in one seat you either don't fly or have to pay for two seats. I didn't pay for my seat to let you take half of it you obese moron.
9. There will be a combined weight limit for the person and luggage. Why should someone that weighs 12 stone have the same allowance as someone that weighs 18 stone?
10. Pricing will be based on weight. A ten stone passenger with 5 stone in luggage will pay the same as a 15 stone passenger with no luggage.

Newtonuti

Visit site

1. If you need wheels on your bag it's not hand luggage and has to be checked in.
2. If you are unable to lift your bag above your head easily it's not hand luggage and has to be checked in.
3. If you get to security and don't realise you need to have liquids in a clear bag, electronics out of your bag etc you get sent to the back of the queue.
5. If you get to the front of the queue at check in and don't have your passport ready you are banned from flying ever again.
6. If you walk through the airport staring at your phone or searching for something in your bag instead of looking where you're going you will get thrown out of the airport and have your luggage burned.
7. Any retailer that charges more than 10% above high street prices will be fined £10k per item that is over that limit. 18 euros for a tuna sandwich, bag of crisps and a black coffee is taking the you know what.
8. If you are too fat to fit in one seat you either don't fly or have to pay for two seats. I didn't pay for my seat to let you take half of it you obese moron.
9. There will be a combined weight limit for the person and luggage. Why should someone that weighs 12 stone have the same allowance as someone that weighs 18 stone?
10. Pricing will be based on weight. A ten stone passenger with 5 stone in luggage will pay the same as a 15 stone passenger with no luggage.
Agree with every single point.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suppose this wasn't really irritating, but there isn't a 'Random Baffling Moments' thread so this'll do.

We were filling in a child benefit form to post back to the government, and there was a warning next to the postage address that says:
"You'll need a stamp on the outside of your envelope to post your form to us, don't send the stamp to us separately."

What?? Don't send the stamp to us separately?? Who on earth? How has that become a warning!? Who's done that? Wouldn't you need an additional stamp to post them the first stamp? Like stampception? Just.. what??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

what about those knobs who go to the front of the queue when they call out the row numbers for boarding but arent sitting in those rows?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Where do I vote?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suppose this wasn't really irritating, but there isn't a 'Random Baffling Moments' thread so this'll do.

We were filling in a child benefit form to post back to the government, and there was a warning next to the postage address that says:
"You'll need a stamp on the outside of your envelope to post your form to us, don't send the stamp to us separately."

What?? Don't send the stamp to us separately?? Who on earth? How has that become a warning!? Who's done that? Wouldn't you need an additional stamp to post them the first stamp? Like stampception? Just.. what??

I saw a sign at Tesco

"Don't let your child ride in the trolly, it's not only a health and safety issue it's dangerous!!"

Erm isn't that what health and safety is ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what about those knobs who go to the front of the queue when they call out the row numbers for boarding but arent sitting in those rows?
I forgot about them.

11. Anyone that goes to the front of the queue before their turn will be denied boarding.

Also forgot,

12. Anyone that stands up before the fasten seatbelt sign goes out will be banned from flying for life.

13. Anyone that crowds around the baggage reclaim belt stopping others from getting to it will be given 5 years in prison.

My day of traveling today has not been a relaxing one.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Behind every warning is a story…

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You forgot to add this. Passengers with kids have to be kept away from the baggage carousel until everyone else has collected their luggage.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Behind every warning is a story…
I know.. I'm now wondering if someone managed to chuck a stamp in the envelope to try and post it, it didn't arrive, they didn't get their child benefit, and then successfully sued the government because there was no written instruction telling them what to do with a stamp??