Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A rough guide is 2 hours for one unit of alcohol to clear your system, a unit being around a half of beer or a small glass of wine. 4 units, 2 pints, is very close/just under/just over depending on you. If you drink 2 pints, 4 units starting at 7pm, the first unit is clear of your system by 9pm.

One of the product lines for the company I worked for made everything from handheld breathilysers to the desk top, evidentiary machines. As for being arrested at a roadside stop, you could blow positive with one pint or nearly register zero with 4. It’s the blood test that will confirm the alcohol in blood content.

Some people will feel fine with 2 pints but the next time they go out they’ll be a bit squiffy. There is no hard and fast rule for what is safe for any individual. Best either have none or stay well away from what you think the limit is.

Not sure how accurate they are but I have a home breathalyser that i use for days when I have to drive the morning after I have had a few beers. Have cancelled a few Saturday morning rounds of gol based on the results that it showed.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure how accurate they are but I have a home breathalyser that i use for days when I have to drive the morning after I have had a few beers. Have cancelled a few Saturday morning rounds of gol based on the results that it showed.

That's a truly fantastic idea, much better than risking it

No doubt you would be fine but morally you have done the right thing. Fair play

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a good session at the gym this morning, then went into the sauna. After a few minutes, this bloke comes in with headphones on, banging tunes, and starts doing press-ups. He then progressed onto shadow boxing MMA-style. This goes on for about 5 minutes. He then goes for a shower, comes back, sits down, and starts talking 19 to the dozen about his weed habit, all the time repeatedly calling the 3 of us who were in there "bro".

I did say to him that I'd never seen anyone exercising flat out in a sauna before, said it looked like a health risk - apart from the intense heat, the floor was soaking wet - and that saunas were meant to be for relaxation. All completely over his head. He then started with the press ups again, i walked out.

Genuinely surreal and annoying in equal part.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People that low score a product on reviews because of delivery issues. That's not the point of PRODUCT reviews. Save the superfluous crap for Trustpilot or Feefo.

Does my box in.

Or when they put 3 stars saying haven't had chance to use it yet

Why you reviewing it full stop then??

D

Deleted member 31467

I was out on Saturday, came home to a Royal Mail leaflet telling me I missed a recorded delivery. It will be redelivered on Thursday but I have absolutely no idea what it is and the suspense is killing me.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I once arrested a milkman on his round at 6am. He was 2 1/2 times the limit, and whilst he claimed it was from a heavy session the night before, I rather thought there was more to it.

I think most would be genuinely surprised at how easy it is to still be intoxicated the morning after the night before.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once arrested a milkman on his round at 6am. He was 2 1/2 times the limit, and whilst he claimed it was from a heavy session the night before, I rather thought there was more to it.

I think most would be genuinely surprised at how easy it is to still be intoxicated the morning after the night before.
It scares the hell out of me that you just cannot tell how quick it leaves your system hence the home breathalyser. May not be totally accurate but it the best option open to me.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He posted at 6PM saying he need to pick up at 9:30PM. A lot of assumptions were made of course, could be a small stubby weak lager, could be two cans of tennants super.

My opinion remains, he should have told his mrs to make alternative arrangements as he was 2 beers in.
Wow, didn’t expect to see a bit of a kerfuffle about my post. I didn’t think what I posted was controversial - more a woe is me type situation. For the record, I had 2 cans of Madri. The last being consumed at about 5pm. I think that timeframe from that amount of alcohol drank is perfectly acceptable. And well within legal limits. I live an 8 mins drive to the station, so didn’t get in the car until 9:20pm - over 4 hours since my last sip of alcohol. It wasn’t like I was on a session and stopped. I had two cans over a few hours in the afternoon. Following that, I’d eaten an Indian takeaway of gargantuan proportions too.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nicest day of the year so far 20 degrees sunshine, garden furniture out BBQ ready to fire up and the farmer decides to spread cow poo over the field next to my house.

Rain all day here, along with hours of thunder & lightning. Not seen any blue sky at all. 14*….