Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

he was in my 4ball at the sunningdale meet - a really nice guy
he was - lucky enough to have played a few times with him at Swinley , he loved that place and so proud of be able to have people there.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This shouldn’t annoy me but it does. The folks opposite are having their kitchen redone which includes a small extension. The building work is being done by a one man building outfit. They have a skip out the front for all the rubble and other junk. The folks opposite are out at work and the builder has just turned up. First thing he does is empty his van of junk that is obviously from another job into the skip. Maybe he has permission I don’t know but it just seems wrong.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This shouldn’t annoy me but it does. The folks opposite are having their kitchen redone which includes a small extension. The building work is being done by a one man building outfit. They have a skip out the front for all the rubble and other junk. The folks opposite are out at work and the builder has just turned up. First thing he does is empty his van of junk that is obviously from another job into the skip. Maybe he has permission I don’t know but it just seems wrong.

If theyre paying him to remove the rubbish and hes providing the skips then up to him what he puts in the skips surely?

Have had trades in the past split a skip between sites and only charge us for part

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We also had builders splitting skips which I had no objection to apart from the the time they left the world's filthiest toilet on the top of our skip from another job. Looked like it came off the set of the Young Ones.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If theyre paying him to remove the rubbish and hes providing the skips then up to him what he puts in the skips surely?

Have had trades in the past split a skip between sites and only charge us for part
I would imagine the cost of the skip will be charged to the neighbours opposite.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Driving back from the range this morning,

I've got a choice of two routes. The one I normally take is shorter but busier, mainly single carriageway.

The other option is a couple of miles longer, but is 90% dual carriageway, built a few years ago, always pretty quiet as it goes through the middle of nowhere. The annoying thing about it is it is a 40mph limit, even though it's nowhere near any built up areas or housing. As a result, the majority of drivers ignore the speed limit and tank along at 55-60.

I had intended taking my normal route, but found myself in the wrong lane at the roundabout, so had to take the second option. I was tootling along, doing about 48mph, when i go round a bend and there is a copper stood in the central reservation with a speed gun.

So now it's a waiting game to see if I get a letter, pretty sure I will. The irritation is not so much being caught speeding - mea culpa - but the fact that the speed limit is ridiculously low for the type of road, and also at me for getting in the wrong lane in the first place.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Council process for making a claim for pothole damage.

Wife hit a pothole and trashed a tyre, no dispute about that or the pothole. This pothole had damaged 5 cars in the 4 days previous another was on the vergor for recovery when my wife hit it and driving past the next day there were 2 more cars with damage. Response from the council, as we we had checked the road in the last 6 months and had only been notified 4 days previously, there was no obligate to have repaired it or to have any warning markers or cones in place. This despite daily reports of damage. Sent her a 3 sided letter talking about court evidence, statutory obligations and anything else they could.

Needless to say, I am not leaving it there.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving back from the range this morning,

I've got a choice of two routes. The one I normally take is shorter but busier, mainly single carriageway.

The other option is a couple of miles longer, but is 90% dual carriageway, built a few years ago, always pretty quiet as it goes through the middle of nowhere. The annoying thing about it is it is a 40mph limit, even though it's nowhere near any built up areas or housing. As a result, the majority of drivers ignore the speed limit and tank along at 55-60.

I had intended taking my normal route, but found myself in the wrong lane at the roundabout, so had to take the second option. I was tootling along, doing about 48mph, when i go round a bend and there is a copper stood in the central reservation with a speed gun.

So now it's a waiting game to see if I get a letter, pretty sure I will. The irritation is not so much being caught speeding - mea culpa - but the fact that the speed limit is ridiculously low for the type of road, and also at me for getting in the wrong lane in the first place.

You prob have been done now days.

I got done a few weeks ago and the new guns have recording cameras just laser you get a pic of speed and number plate ticket issued

Fair cop tbh I was going slightly over the limit but within the 10% plus 9 for speed awareness

Like yourself the road is dual carriageway, any houses are set well back from road, similar road in the area is 50 but this is 30

Anyways fair cop.

However I was in a loan car from the garage

So offence was 5th Feb

Issued 13th Feb , got to them in time etc

That goes to their lease company, then to them then to me

It's the 29th march. I've seen (got it on the phone) the pic of me speeding and the intention to prosecute in their name

Anyways 29th march and it's STILL not with me

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You prob have been done now days.

I got done a few weeks ago and the new guns have recording cameras just laser you get a pic of speed and number plate ticket issued

Fair cop tbh I was going slightly over the limit but within the 10% plus 9 for speed awareness

Like yourself the road is dual carriageway, any houses are set well back from road, similar road in the area is 50 but this is 30

Anyways fair cop.

However I was in a loan car from the garage

So offence was 5th Feb

Issued 13th Feb , got to them in time etc

That goes to their lease company, then to them then to me

It's the 29th march. I've seen (got it on the phone) the pic of me speeding and the intention to prosecute in their name

Anyways 29th march and it's STILL not with me

I guess the police haven't had your name/address yet from the leasing company?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess the police haven't had your name/address yet from the leasing company?

I'm guessing it's with vauxhall now in their name and then I gave vauxhall all my details on 24th Feb for them to give

Taking forever

My own fault ofc not saying it's not just very annoying want it dealt with

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The Council process for making a claim for pothole damage.

Wife hit a pothole and trashed a tyre, no dispute about that or the pothole. This pothole had damaged 5 cars in the 4 days previous another was on the vergor for recovery when my wife hit it and driving past the next day there were 2 more cars with damage. Response from the council, as we we had checked the road in the last 6 months and had only been notified 4 days previously, there was no obligate to have repaired it or to have any warning markers or cones in place. This despite daily reports of damage. Sent her a 3 sided letter talking about court evidence, statutory obligations and anything else they could.

Needless to say, I am not leaving it there.
Interested in this. Was going to post my own irritation. Hit a pothole which trashed tyre Saturday evening. Once repaired went out to photograph.
Seems the council here only has a report, not a claim option 🙁
Seems it had been reported earlier in the month as a 'developing pothole'

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Drunken evening chatting with the wifes friend who recently started doing a job in a NHS hospital phamacy. Apart from how they organise the stock, laughable, the worse bit was when she told me they down tools at 4.30pm, despite being paid till 5.15pm. Oh, and one woman said she don't do no lifting as she's 52 !!!!! My wifes mate laughed and said shes 62 and lifted the bluddy box herself.
NHS? Staff to the gill with lazy people!!!!! The wifes mate won't last long. She'll be hounded out. Mark my words !!!!!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess it's a nice thing but still annoying

We start at 7am officially on earlies , due to traffic I allow extra time and get in 06:25-06:40

Running late today got in 06:55 , comments and calls wondering where I am

Chill I'm on time lol 😂

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I guess it's a nice thing but still annoying

We start at 7am officially on earlies , due to traffic I allow extra time and get in 06:25-06:40

Running late today got in 06:55 , comments and calls wondering where I am

Chill I'm on time lol 😂

Something similar happened to me in the RAF.
I always arrived just on time and was told off for not being on time enough