Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
AirBnB guest review...

The host has said we left the apartment in a mess. This after Mrs B spent ages making sure the place was tidy & clean. I asked for evidence and they posted some photographs of stuff which we know wasn't done by us. I shouldn't care really, but it irritates no end. If I don't get the right outcome then the host, and AirBnB, can go ###### themselves and I'll never use the service again.
It works both ways. I’m an Airbnb host , the amount of stuff which gets broken or goes missing with no word from the guests is quite depressing.

As are the unfair reviews we occasionally get, either from people trying it on to get a refund or just playing games. We had one from a woman complaining the bed was too low for her as she had a disability. The bed was a standard height king size, she never mentioned any disability when booking.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a spare hour so I pop the ps4 on. System update required, that takes twenty odd minutes. Then a game update is required, another 15 minutes. Don't really have time to play anything now, cheers for that.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It works both ways. I’m an Airbnb host , the amount of stuff which gets broken or goes missing with no word from the guests is quite depressing.

As are the unfair reviews we occasionally get, either from people trying it on to get a refund or just playing games. We had one from a woman complaining the bed was too low for her as she had a disability. The bed was a standard height king size, she never mentioned any disability when booking.
No doubt, I'm sure.

In this case, I think the host is being taken to the cleaners - by the cleaners. Host lives in France, but property is in Spain and he relies on info provided by the agents, who rely on info provided by cleaning company. Cleaning company are claiming that property was dirty & messy and they needed extra time to clean. Ergo, presumably, extra money. This info went round the loop and eventually came back to me. And they provided photos. Except a) I know at least one of photos is not 'real' and b) any fool with half a brain would know it couldn't be 'real'. I'll let the process take its course but if I don't get the outcome I want (the removal of the crappy review of us) then cheerio AirBnB.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife's birthday card still hasn't arrived. Ordered it last Monday and her birthday was on Friday. Not sure if Thortful have failed to post it or the postman has gone AWOL.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
You could have been a legend.

So, big questions. How did the two contestants get on? What was the three in 10 that day, did you get them? I listened to them all but I can't remember day to day (I know I didn't get 3 in 10 at all last week, go a couple of 2's but that's it)
Finally found it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f61tcd
I got points 18 on the first competitor, 27 points on the second competitor so would have won. Three in 10 was squeeze.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally found it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f61tcd
I got points 18 on the first competitor, 27 points on the second competitor so would have won. Three in 10 was squeeze.
Good going (y)

Would you have got 3 x Squeeze songs? I wouldn't by the way.

Have you listened to the new quiz? I think it's awful. It is so stilted, forced. There is no flow to it. Not long until Ken starts up again.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good going (y)

Have you listened to the new quiz? I think it's awful. It is so stilted, forced. There is no flow to it. Not long until Ken starts up again.
Was just chatting with my wife about this same thing. Apart from the 'dodgy' woman who got the full 65 points in week 2 or 3, hardly any get to double figures - today it was 6 v 2 and the guy who got 2 points answered Jane MacDonald for about 6 questions as he didn't have a clue, even when Gary gave him the right answer. He admitted he had never heard of half the artists. Unless they change the format, they are not going to get real music fans ringing in and the scores will continue to be rubbish.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was just chatting with my wife about this same thing. Apart from the 'dodgy' woman who got the full 65 points in week 2 or 3, hardly any get to double figures - today it was 6 v 2 and the guy who got 2 points answered Jane MacDonald for about 6 questions as he didn't have a clue, even when Gary gave him the right answer. He admitted he had never heard of half the artists. Unless they change the format, they are not going to get real music fans ringing in and the scores will continue to be rubbish.
I can't work out if it is the questions, presumably Ken's team, including the question makers, have gone with him to the new station, or the quality of callers since it started up. Either way, the scores have been woeful. Not helped by going back to 1 point questions time and time again. There is no excitement in in. They also seem to have pinched the Weakest Link music for it which just sounds cheesy. Yup, I'm not enjoying it and as of next week our factory will have jumped ship from the very beginning, not just when Scott Mills comes on :LOL:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I can't work out if it is the questions, presumably Ken's team, including the question makers, have gone with him to the new station, or the quality of callers since it started up. Either way, the scores have been woeful. Not helped by going back to 1 point questions time and time again. There is no excitement in in. They also seem to have pinched the Weakest Link music for it which just sounds cheesy. Yup, I'm not enjoying it and as of next week our factory will have jumped ship from the very beginning, not just when Scott Mills comes on :LOL:

Talking of hopeless contestants, had to laugh at The Chase last week.

Guy gets asked which Bowie song mentions Ibiza and the Norfolk Broads? Ashes to Ashes, Changes or Life of Mars?

He replied "Yes! I'm a massive Bowie fan."

He then says "I've never heard of Ashes to Ashes or Changes, so I've gone for Life on Mars, it sounds like it might be that."

He might have fluked that one, but needless to say, he was caught very quickly and sent packing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He replied "Yes! I'm a massive Bowie fan."

He then says "I've never heard of Ashes to Ashes or Changes, so I've gone for Life on Mars, it sounds like it might be that."
How massive a fan then o_O. One of the arts of not looking stupid is to know when to shut up...........

House of Games, last week I think. Jodie Kidd :eek:. I suspect her parents paid for her education. They should get their money back.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just got rid of our 2nd wasp’s nest of the summer. There were 8 last year, and this year’s 2 were on original sites.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Good going (y)

I did get the three Squeeze songs. I haven't listened to the new one. I didn't like the sound of the format, so I can't comment but it may not last long.
I'll have to listen to Ken's new programme to try again.

D

Deleted member 15344

More than an irritation but finding out that Paulw who is a forum member and played H4H each year passed away last night 😢