Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The ‘international’ price of drinks i.e. those bought in big hotels all over the world. It is seemingly now around £12 plus for anything.
We are currently in Dubai and the cheapest wine on any list is well over £50. Drinks from the cart on golf courses are £8 for a small can of beer. Large beer in club houses £12 minimum.
A bit like green fees at top courses (don’t get me started on the ‘discounted’ price of golf here), they now are charging very last penny they think they can squeeze out of people.
I know all the supply and demand arguments etc. but it is getting beyond a joke.

I played The Emirates golf course last week and got on the 18th with a drive over the corner and a six iron to the centre of the green!

D-S

Visit site
I played The Emirates golf course last week and got on the 18th with a drive over the corner and a six iron to the centre of the green!
We’re not playing there this trip, it was a 3 shooter for me last time.
Although I was here on business a long time ago and saw Seve win there, it was a long cab ride through the desert then from the creek to a small patch of green in the middle of nowhere - it’s changed a bit since!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
We’re not playing there this trip, it was a 3 shooter for me last time.
Although I was here on business a long time ago and saw Seve win there, it was a long cab ride through the desert then from the creek to a small patch of green in the middle of nowhere - it’s changed a bit since!

I have to be honest, I was playing on a simulator! :oops:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been reading the Victor the assassin books and thoroughly enjoyed them. On a book website, Fantastic Fiction, they recommended a similar series, The Gray Man by Mark Greaney. Not as good as Victor but does the job whilst the library are transferring other books to me. I finished the first this weekend, went to reserve the next, and discovered that they don't have the next 5 in the series 🙄. Should have checked ahead before reading the first.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Mankind having the technology 52 years ago to walk on the moon 244,000 miles away and yet it still takes 3-5 working days to send a payment 98 miles. Actually it's 7 working days and still counting.
Edit...
I was offered the payment on the 16th, the payment wasn't authorized until the 24th :mad: so might be with me this week.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
All the fridge and freezer lights turned off in asda, obviously key to save the planet, meaning i have to squint around like a mole tempting a migraine while looking for anything.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Facebook has stopped sending my notifications for whose birthday it is, so now I look like some a-hole that doesn't say happy birthday to people. Who the hell remembers birthdays??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Facebook has stopped sending my notifications for whose birthday it is, so now I look like some a-hole that doesn't say happy birthday to people. Who the hell remembers birthdays??

Gave up with this a looooong time ago.

Fact of the matter is, I don't care about the people I befriended in 2010's birthdays and they don't about mine :ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Fact of the matter is, I don't care about the people I befriended in 2010's birthdays and they don't about mine :ROFLMAO:

I still use it but have a cull a couple of times a year. But it’s more about keeping up with the, not so young, kids.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Only sites who genuinely need it receive my actual birth date. So I receive a lot of 'birthday greetings' plus maybe offers, at various times in the year. Same for FB.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

True but I missed my auntie's, and I think with family you're suppose to still say happy birthday. 😬 Trust me I don't say it to everyone - there was five of them today. 😆

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Totally forgot to message my mate for his bday last week. He messaged me late last night saying

"Now, I've had a moral dilemma all day.. Since you are clearly a xxxx who forgot my birthday, but I am a good friend who rememebers these things, I was tempted to message you tomorrow instead. But I have been the bigger person and thought I'd message today 😂😂"

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
True but I missed my auntie's, and I think with family you're suppose to still say happy birthday. 😬 Trust me I don't say it to everyone - there was five of them today. 😆

Yeah again, I just don't bother. They don't care about my life 364 days a year, they fake caring for the 1. :ROFLMAO:

In a totally unrelated matter - I'm annoyed its not Wednesday yet!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
AirBnB guest review...

The host has said we left the apartment in a mess. This after Mrs B spent ages making sure the place was tidy & clean. I asked for evidence and they posted some photographs of stuff which we know wasn't done by us. I shouldn't care really, but it irritates no end. If I don't get the right outcome then the host, and AirBnB, can go ###### themselves and I'll never use the service again.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
AirBnB guest review...

The host has said we left the apartment in a mess. This after Mrs B spent ages making sure the place was tidy & clean. I asked for evidence and they posted some photographs of stuff which we know wasn't done by us. I shouldn't care really, but it irritates no end. If I don't get the right outcome then the host, and AirBnB, can go ###### themselves and I'll never use the service again.

Had the same in London last time we were there. Went through the complaints process, including an unusable bathroom. Stopped using them after that.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Had the same in London last time we were there. Went through the complaints process, including an unusable bathroom. Stopped using them after that.

I stayed in a "drafty garden shed" curtesy of Air bnb a while back. The host kept emailing me for a review on the site. After several emails, I left a review using the description above!

They got the hump. Well, they asked.