Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
However weird we still insist on cash for the comps .... No option to tap tap
I presume you don't have a club card? Everything goes through that at our place, if you want it to. You can use cash, but why would you?

Interesting that everything else is cashless. I'd ask if there was much kickback but as you have only just found out you wouldn't know 😆

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It makes absolute sense, unless you are trying to hide something from someone 👀. Cash is a pain, so many chances for things to go wrong with it.

I'm suspicious of anywhere that doesn't accept card payment now, every Chinese takeaway in my home town I'm talking about you 🧐.

Few years ago Mrs used to go tanning and for her bday I got her a package . £200 think it was cash only

Sure enough shut down for money laundering couple years later

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I presume you don't have a club card? Everything goes through that at our place, if you want it to. You can use cash, but why would you?

Interesting that everything else is cashless. I'd ask if there was much kickback but as you have only just found out you wouldn't know 😆

We do have clubcard. 10% discount on top up. I suspect that's what's stopping it as it would be at a discount ... However can't use to pay for things like trollies .. rounds of golf .. and balls as you would be discounting them

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We do have clubcard. 10% discount on top up. I suspect that's what's stopping it as it would be at a discount ... However can't use to pay for things like trollies .. rounds of golf .. and balls as you would be discounting them
It doesn't have to be. Ours gives 10% discount in the bar or on food but not in the shop or for entering comps. Must be something in the settings but if our place can do it it must be possible.[/QUOTE]

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It makes absolute sense, unless you are trying to hide something from someone 👀. Cash is a pain, so many chances for things to go wrong with it.

I'm suspicious of anywhere that doesn't accept card payment now, every Chinese takeaway in my home town I'm talking about you 🧐.

Went for a curry recently with an accountant mate. They had a sign in the window saying “cash only”. He said it was a well known VAT scam.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The swindle I run on Sunday mornings isnt going cashless any time soon. You pays your two quid else you're not in ...
Another reason why I rarely play roll-ups. Where on earth are you meant to get two pounds from nowadays? I'd have to make a special trip on the way to the shop to get £10 out, then go in and buy a drink or something to get change. Long-winded!

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
We went cashless for our roll up during covid.

So much easier for everyone

Just because its easier doesnt make it right or better.

We have between 20-46 players in oir swindle and seeing the pint pot full of £5 notes gets the juices flowing.

Handing over and/or receiving a pint pot full of cash is better than winning the competition. The cammaraderie that follows is the cherry on top.

Is yours a "well done Ted, i'll transfer you £28.50" then toddle off home to the miserable wife?

D

Deleted member 17920

We have between 20-46 players in oir swindle and seeing the pint pot full of £5 notes gets the juices flowing.

Handing over and/or receiving a pint pot full of cash is better than winning the competition. The cammaraderie that follows is the cherry on top.

Is yours a "well done Ted, i'll transfer you £28.50" then toddle off home to the miserable wife?
Ha ha.

Good grief nope.

It’s still the same as it always was without the money physically been there on the table. We have a cracking group of lads in our roll up.

As for the miserable wife, I am sorry she feels that way about you, one day you might cheer up 😉

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

rubbish. A pocket full of £1 coins and crumpled fivers doesn’t get anything flowing. Cash is a waste of time these days.

Love our swindle being cashless.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Ha ha.

Good grief nope.

It’s still the same as it always was without the money physically been there on the table. We have a cracking group of lads in our roll up.

As for the miserable wife, I am sorry she feels that way about you, one day you might cheer up 😉

Touchè.

Mine got lashed a long time ago, i often see her current husband and he looks the shell of the man he once was.