Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
School-run Mums and Dads who simply abandon their Chelsea Tractors wherever they want so little Johnny doesn't have to walk too much..

I often smile at this.

When I walk to one end our village through the various paths (about a 5 minute walk at most) I go past the school and often see the same families loading the kids in to the car. I am then walking past their houses as the drive their car on to the driveway.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Decided to get my third Covid jab after missing the original appointment and then procrastinating over it.

In and out at 10 this morning and now feel like absolute dog muck. If we weren’t flying to the US next month I’d have happily left it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've received a new tax code. Someone at the tax office has decided that we are going to have a great year and will be awarding big dividends. To save me any hassle, they will take a chunk of tax spread over 12 months rather than wait and see. How kind of them :mad:

I'm now on hold, being told how important I am, clearly not that important as otherwise I wouldn't be stuck on hold, and how I can go to the website for more information, but not to actually speak to someone on live chat or manually ditch the unwanted add on. 15 minutes and counting :mad:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've received a new tax code. Someone at the tax office has decided that we are going to have a great year and will be awarding big dividends. To save me any hassle, they will take a chunk of tax spread over 12 months rather than wait and see. How kind of them :mad:

I'm now on hold, being told how important I am, clearly not that important as otherwise I wouldn't be stuck on hold, and how I can go to the website for more information, but not to actually speak to someone on live chat or manually ditch the unwanted add on. 15 minutes and counting :mad:

gonna be a lot longer than 15 mins on a monday morning!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If you were an ex Chancellor, they wouldn't bother with it;)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

On Friday, it took me 45 minutes (after being cut off 3 times) to get through to speak to someone in DWP who could give me a quote to make up my NI contributions so I get the full state pension in 4 years time. I now need to call HMRC to actually pay the lump sum. Not a very joined up process.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's every Monday morning, would you not plan for that? Just a thought

They're probably receiving an "unprecedented" number of calls. And obviously the precedent wasn't set last Monday, or the Monday before that or any other Monday over the last few years. I wonder how many staff they have that are still working from home and how that is affecting their performance?