Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
At golf today, a friend told me he'd had a call from the police asking about me. He is a retired judge. He told them he didn't know me, until the police told him he's signed my shot gun licence ??
They asked him if he had contact details!! Strange since they had been here to check the cabinet only a couple of years ago and they had also recently sent me the renewal notice, which I'd replied and said I was selling the gun and wouldn't be renewed.

Worrying !

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A classic from my mate ...

Our first society event is at our course

So first he said we will book the tee times (but didn't tell us) lucky I spoke to the guy who runs the society and I took over telling the rest of the members to book the tee times and use the guest rate

He's just announced he thought it was fine to say that breakfast was included (it's not) but as we are playing for free (not free it's our membership) that we will cover breakfast between us

Now that's fine tbh

But he agreed to it months ago and didn't think to mention it to us?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The banning of "Delilah" by Welsh rugby. o_O

There is a lot more background to this. Basically there are calls for the whole of the WRFU to resign due to some pretty abhorent reports about the attitue towards and treatment of women. The response, the WRFU ban one song which is mysogenisitic in its lyrics (and people had asked for this song to be toned down in its use in the past) and that will only ensure that, whilst it cannot officially be played, the crowds will be singing it loudly from start to finish. It is impressive that the clueless nature of the WRFU actually makes the RFU look competent at times.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
School-run Mums and Dads who simply abandon their Chelsea Tractors wherever they want so little Johnny doesn't have to walk too much..
Just home from the shops and I'm faced with an ambulance backing down my road because it can't get through.
I have to back out onto the main Rd while the ambulance turns round and goes a different way....
There are some cretinous individuals in this world.....:mad:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
There is a lot more background to this. Basically there are calls for the whole of the WRFU to resign due to some pretty abhorent reports about the attitue towards and treatment of women. The response, the WRFU ban one song which is mysogenisitic in its lyrics (and people had asked for this song to be toned down in its use in the past) and that will only ensure that, whilst it cannot officially be played, the crowds will be singing it loudly from start to finish. It is impressive that the clueless nature of the WRFU actually makes the RFU look competent at times.
I understand what you are saying about the reasons the ban came about.
But the song is not misogynistic, it is a song about a murderer, who may or may not be a misogynist. He's about to get his comeuppance at the end of the song.
We should be credited with enough sense to understand that the song is a shocking and disturbing statement.
Disturbing - Yes.
Offensive - No.

Cue Olivia Newton John singing,

“I held a knife against his breast,
As into my arms he pressed,
He cried, my love, don't you murder me,
I'm not prepared for eternity.”

And the continuing lyrics say that the murder has taken place.

Number 6 in the UK charts and number 1 in Australia. From an old song written in the 19th century.
Another shocking and disturbing piece. But it is not offensive or needing to be banned.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand what you are saying about the reasons the ban came about.
But the song is not misogynistic, it is a song about a murderer, who may or may not be a misogynist. He's about to get his comeuppance at the end of the song.
We should be credited with enough sense to understand that the song is a shocking and disturbing statement.
Disturbing - Yes.
Offensive - No.

Cue Olivia Newton John singing,

“I held a knife against his breast,
As into my arms he pressed,
He cried, my love, don't you murder me,
I'm not prepared for eternity.”

And the continuing lyrics say that the murder has taken place.

Number 6 in the UK charts and number 1 in Australia. From an old song written in the 19th century.
Another shocking and disturbing piece. But it is not offensive or needing to be banned.

We do not have the right to decide what others find offensive, not being part of the group in question. I find very little offensive, does not mean that it is not, just means I have a high tolerance for it. Female welsh rugby fans had raised objections in the past and had found offence (and women rugby fans are not normally the type to find offence for no reason) but it had been largely ignored by the WRFU. There is no denying that this step is a massive example of tokenism to try and deflect from the allegations being made against them and their treatment of women at all levels and it has been seen through and it will make no difference.

Perhaps people should focus more on what this action is trying to plaster over as opposed to trying to excuse the song in question. As I said, this is a token gesture against some far more shocking revelations and I would encourage your outrage against the song being banned (it has only been banned from being performed by the officlal choirs at the stadium) be focused on the events and actions and historic behaviour that this iis trying to deflect attention away from.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-employee-who-allegedly-made-26107316

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
School-run Mums and Dads who simply abandon their Chelsea Tractors wherever they want so little Johnny doesn't have to walk too much..
Just home from the shops and I'm faced with an ambulance backing down my road because it can't get through.
I have to back out onto the main Rd while the ambulance turns round and goes a different way....
There are some cretinous individuals in this world.....:mad:

there's only 1 suitable punishment - a round of golfer with fragger

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watching Ian King Live earlier and he said all Households with Electricity would have to pay £66 for Companies which went belly up lst year and there will be an extra £200 to pay for Bulb Energy’s crash this year. Thought they were the figures quoted but could be mistaken

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The guy working for Centrica going to people’s houses telling them that were going to be cut off. Undercover filmed by The Times. However The CEO from Centrica came over extremely well.