Random Irritations

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have currently been sat on a motionless Met Line train for over half an hour, in between stops so we can't even get off. The number of days with delays vastly, vastly outnumber the days where it runs smoothly. At this rate I'll be asking for so many service refunds that they will be paying me to travel with them.

Mate. Its bad. That failure is one of the worst , infact it's the worst failure possible.

All of the computers that control the signalling system are offline, they can't run without out.

I hope you get off soon but soon as your moving get off that train your going nowhere .

Big fire at farringdon apparently has burned out the cable.

We listening to it on the incident channel. Not good.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was looking like it was going to be a bit warmer this week here down in the south…and our builder had great hopes that this week they’d be able to finish our new extension brick and block work and get the roof on.

But no. Freezing. Looking like little progress going to be possible until Wednesday earliest.☹️

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was looking like it was going to be a bit warmer this week here down in the south…and our builder had great hopes that this week they’d be able to finish our new extension brick and block work and get the roof on.

But no. Freezing. Looking like little progress going to be possible until Wednesday earliest.☹️[/QUIt was certainly much colder today. OTE]

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mate. Its bad. That failure is one of the worst , infact it's the worst failure possible.

All of the computers that control the signalling system are offline, they can't run without out.

I hope you get off soon but soon as your moving get off that train your going nowhere .

Big fire at farringdon apparently has burned out the cable.

We listening to it on the incident channel. Not good.
We'll get off the forum and sort it out man! ?

Yeah after 40 mins they eventually crawled to Kings Cross and let us off. I went one stop to Euston on the Northern and am now sat on the Overground which takes forever. Might make it home by 7.

And yet my director doesn't want us working from home. What an utter waste of life.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Yeah after 40 mins they eventually crawled to Kings Cross and let us off. I went one stop to Euston on the Northern and am now sat on the Overground which takes forever. Might make it home by 7.

And yet my director doesn't want us working from home. What an utter waste of life.
Hope you are home in time for The Match tonight.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry mate not qualified on the met ? but I hope you enjoyed your smooth travel on the northern ?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
At my daughters birthday party she invited a few friends to the usual inflatable place then on for a KFC. Thats all fine but when we are actually in the place and the kids have been playing half an hour we receive a text message . One of the mothers inform us their daughter has epilepsy and to look out for any signs.
Is it just me or is this the sort of thing we should be told before we take her out. I wasn't pleased about it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
TV channels that are louder or quieter than others or that have the ads at a higher volume than the program you are watching. Surely this should be standard, fed up with constantly adjusting the volume.

Definitely not funny when you’re wearing headphones

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TV channels that are louder or quieter than others or that have the ads at a higher volume than the program you are watching. Surely this should be standard, fed up with constantly adjusting the volume.
Some tv’s have the option to adjust differing channel sound outputs to similar levels,my Pana has:)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Jenners fire. Not so much an irritation but a worry and sadness. Hoping and praying that the damage to this iconic Edinburgh store and Princes St landmark is not too serious.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's mad. Channel 5 is so much louder than the others. Add to that an inconsistency in colour tone and/or brightness or backlight...

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Strikes.

Every other day some (infraction) is on strike. Trains, buses, ambulance drivers, nurses, you name it they’re (infraction infraction infraction) striking and its getting right on my (infraction) nerves.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Strikes.

Every other day some (infraction) is on strike. Trains, buses, ambulance drivers, nurses, you name it they’re (infraction infraction infraction) striking and its getting right on my (infraction) nerves.
Understand the irritation, and I agree that it can be very frustrating when we are impacted, but just to note that your ‘they’ are actually a part (a rather large part) of ‘us’ - and if your terms & conditions of employment were being eroded; were your job be at risk; or you thought that the circumstances and environment in which you were working put yourself and/or others at risk of harm or illness…then you too might think of withdrawing your labour in protest.

Fortunately we know who to lobby to sort out this mess.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m guessing you’re only defending one of “they“ who are part of “us”.

There are certain categories who i support , for example the “they” that I believe you defend are underpaid, for the hours “they” study and the importance of their job a better level of living should be there.

But we are rapidly defaulting to a “ let’s strike to get our own way “ culture. If you don’t like the job jog on and get another. Not paid enough to drive a train, do something else, after all £60k plus is pennies and a poverty wage right? Don’t want to drive a bus, fine go lorry driving, dust cart driving etc

D

Deleted member 15344

So teachers are going on strike

That means I will need to take a day off work or pay for childcare

Yet if we take a child out for a day there is a chance we will get fined

So can I bill the school for my expenses ?