Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

I mean, that was obviously my irritation. Why wouldn't you have any security? When I told someone about it I thought they might say cheers we'll get someone on the lookout for him, check the CCTV, anything. He couldn't have cared less though.

Not every shop has security- our local M&S doesn’t have one , nor any of the shops in that retail park - Morrisons and Tescos do , if there aren’t many high value items then they won’t have security

Just the way of the world now - the shop assistant isn’t paid to tackle a shoplifter who could be carrying a knife etc - is it worth the risk to them now ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not every shop has security- our local M&S doesn’t have one , nor any of the shops in that retail park - Morrisons and Tescos do , if there aren’t many high value items then they won’t have security

On the basis that if it costs £150 a day to employ a security body for 10 hours, then as long as they are nicking less than £150 quids worth of stuff then they are quids in

Just wrong and encourages nay, rewards scummy behaviour

Bring back the stocks I say ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just the way of the world now - the shop assistant isn’t paid to tackle a shoplifter who could be carrying a knife etc - is it worth the risk to them now ?
It's a three story M&S in a shopping centre, I find it surprising that they don't have security. They have security alarms that go off for apparently no reason I guess if there's nobody to react to it.

On the basis that if it costs £150 a day to employ a security body for 10 hours, then as long as they are nicking less than £150 quids worth of stuff then they are quids in

Just wrong and encourages nay, rewards scummy behaviour

Bring back the stocks I say ?
Cashmere jumpers were 100 quid and he made off with at least four of them - and no doubt he made a lot more trips than the two we saw.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Just the way of the world now - the shop assistant isn’t paid to tackle a shoplifter who could be carrying a knife etc - is ith worth the risk to them now ?

Not my World!
You're condoning criminality, not what I would have expected from you.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not my World!
You're condoning criminality, not what I would have expected from you.

Sorry I’m confused but where did I condone any sort of criminality ?‍♂️

just highlighting why shop assistants don’t try and tackle a shop lifter because of the potential dangers and harm that it could cause them

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who can't drive in snow. Well more people who don't at least adapt their driving style!

Taken me hour and half to get home , however last 5 miles I almost got hit twice

Once at lights a driver decides they going to get in the gap in front of me and another car (safe distance and not enough room for their fiat 500. It's snowing!)

And just almost home I clocked a car going fast towards the road from side road .. so I slowed a bit...good job he rocked straight out because he couldn't stop!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I mean, that was obviously my irritation. Why wouldn't you have any security? When I told someone about it I thought they might say cheers we'll get someone on the lookout for him, check the CCTV, anything. He couldn't have cared less though.

I mean I don't get why people are questioning your irritation .. thought that was a fate worse than death??

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Not so much an irritation, more of a puzzlement
I was out shopping yesterday (my car read -1 outside) and I lost count of people wearing shorts, especially the guy wearing the wooly hat.
Is it me? o_O

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not so much an irritation, more of a puzzlement
I was out shopping yesterday (my car read -1 outside) and I lost count of people wearing shorts, especially the guy wearing the wooly hat.
Is it me? o_O
Regular sight here....hat, scarf, gloves, big coat.......and shorts.......me no unnerstann :unsure:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Saw a guy shoplifting in M&S earlier. A middle-aged chap stuffing cashmere jumpers into his bag and walked straight out. The alarm went off, but I looked around for a security guard and didn't see one at all. Ten minutes later the feller was back grabbing more of them! We went and told a guy who works there, but he basically brushed it off as "not much we can do but thanks for letting us know" and mumbled something about telling the manager. Are all their security off for Christmas? What sort of attitude is that? Just let people nick whatever they want then. :unsure:

We went to the cinema a couple of months ago, and popped into Sainsbury’s Local on the way home. It was about 9.30 on a Friday, there was only 2 staff working, both teenagers, one on the till, one by the door.

This bloke reaches past us to get some wash machine tablets. When he moved on, my missus said “he’s shoplifting’. Sure enough, he walked straight out the store without paying.

I said to the young guy on the door about the shoplifter. He said ‘he does it regularly’. I asked if they would be phoning the police , given they knew who it was and it would be on the cctv. He said there is no point, they only come out if the value of the stolen goods is more than £250.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to the cinema a couple of months ago, and popped into Sainsbury’s Local on the way home. It was about 9.30 on a Friday, there was only 2 staff working, both teenagers, one on the till, one by the door.

This bloke reaches past us to get some wash machine tablets. When he moved on, my missus said “he’s shoplifting’. Sure enough, he walked straight out the store without paying.

I said to the young guy on the door about the shoplifter. He said ‘he does it regularly’. I asked if they would be phoning the police , given they knew who it was and it would be on the cctv. He said there is no point, they only come out if the value of the stolen goods is more than £250.
It's a sorry state of affairs isn't it? They used to say crime doesn't pay but I guess these days it does.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Give it a few months those dishwasher tablets will be worth £250