Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Amazon, seemingly, delivering 4 parcels to somewhere other than where they were supposed to.
Emails saying " handed to resident " which they most certainly weren't.
I understand these guys are rushed off their feet but he had 4 chances to get it right and blew it.....
Bunch of mindless jerks.......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only problem with water is it pretty much refreezes straight away
I set the engine running, leave about 2 minutes to get the heaters going a little, pour on the water and then use the scraper straight away whilst the ice has dissolved. Ideally then swish the wiper blades to remove the water. It's hugely effective. If you just pour the water and do nothing then you are right, it will refreeze.

Even if a little freezes you have still broken the back of it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buying three different brands of non aerosol screen de-icer for all to leak all over your *infraction* hands!

I have been using COLD water for absolutely years. I only keep the de-icer in the car for when it freezes over away from home.

Mind you I have to be careful walking on the drive as the water becomes ice.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazon, seemingly, delivering 4 parcels to somewhere other than where they were supposed to.
I understand these guys are rushed off their feet but he had 4 chances to get it right and blew it.....

That's one of my pet hates. When it's handed to Paul or resident when it's left in our safe place

Just click the correct option don't lie

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw a guy shoplifting in M&S earlier. A middle-aged chap stuffing cashmere jumpers into his bag and walked straight out. The alarm went off, but I looked around for a security guard and didn't see one at all. Ten minutes later the feller was back grabbing more of them! We went and told a guy who works there, but he basically brushed it off as "not much we can do but thanks for letting us know" and mumbled something about telling the manager. Are all their security off for Christmas? What sort of attitude is that? Just let people nick whatever they want then. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

Saw a guy shoplifting in M&S earlier. A middle-aged chap stuffing cashmere jumpers into his bag and walked straight out. The alarm went off, but I looked around for a security guard and didn't see one at all. Ten minutes later the feller was back grabbing more of them! We went and told a guy who works there, but he basically brushed it off as "not much we can do but thanks for letting us know" and mumbled something about telling the manager. Are all their security off for Christmas? What sort of attitude is that? Just let people nick whatever they want then. :unsure:

The problem is what could potentially happen if they try to do something ? The guy could react towards them and bigger issues could occur. It’s better to be safe - the company will cover any loses etc

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

What sizes have you got ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The problem is what could potentially happen if they try to do something ? The guy could react towards them and bigger issues could occur. It’s better to be safe - the company will cover any loses etc
So he should be allowed to shoplift whatever he wants as long as no one gets hurt? I don't really understand.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do you expect the staff to do if they don’t have security?
I mean, that was obviously my irritation. Why wouldn't you have any security? When I told someone about it I thought they might say cheers we'll get someone on the lookout for him, check the CCTV, anything. He couldn't have cared less though.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Jesus! This Country?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

In the week I was working in one of the rougher parts of Bow by some railway arches, rough but only a few hundred meters from Bow Police station and Thames Magistrate Court.
As I’m parked up doing some work on the phone I saw some scrote with his hoodie up go up to a car and start taking the number plates off. I thought bit small fry for 999 so I called 101. I was on hold for 13 minutes before he walked off having done it to three cars…I just hung up! ?‍♂️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Delivered 2 doors up ......and they were out.
They've just got home and bought them round...left on doorstep not handed to resident...:rolleyes:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only problem with water is it pretty much refreezes straight away

I rowed yesterday in -5 and was amazed how the looms and riggers were covered in ice after about 20 minutes. By the time we got the boat off the water and back in the boathouse it too was covered in ice.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My right ear has been blocked for about a week now, nothing seems to be shifting it

Wonder what the Dr will say when I call in the morning.. I have an appointment in January for something else , prob be quicker to wait until then!

Has its bonuses .. can turn a deaf ear

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My right ear has been blocked for about a week now, nothing seems to be shifting it

Wonder what the Dr will say when I call in the morning.. I have an appointment in January for something else , prob be quicker to wait until then!

Has its bonuses .. can turn a deaf ear

Syringing no longer offered by doctors round here. Paying for private microsuction only way.