Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
View attachment 45359

So there!
Na na na-na na!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit :sick:

Edit:
Actually I was a regular user of those little pink wotsits… but now that I don’t get a shot-a-hole anymore (and am apparently a ‘player’ ) I have switched to bamboo tees
(I now only use the offending items at the range or for handing out to trick or treaters)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

Mysogintistic garages that prey on women quoting all sorts of nonsense to generate fraudulent sales.

HID had to take her car in this morning so I followed along to act as pick up. Problem was pretty simple, trye valve was leaking causing a slow puncture (I has the wheel off yesterday and checked for punctures (barrel of water trick) and only leak of air was from the valve.

After 20 minutes waiting I went in to see what was taking so long only to find that they'd told her that the tyre needed replacing as the "tyre wall had failed" and that the tracking was out by a lot (car has never pulled in any direction since new) so she needed two new tryes (to match wear) and tracking. That'll be £450 thanks... To which I asked to see the tyre wall damage and the uneven wear from the tracking issue and mentioned I had checked the tyre...

Backtracking followed at a seriously fast pace. Got to wonder how often they get away with it.
Call them out on any social media platforms you are on.....instabook, facegram, twitface....the whole lot!

RichA

Visit site
I agree with what you say, but unfortunately a lot of people mistake opinion with fact - and will argue til the death to try and proof their point. This then ends up in going round in circles, gets boring and puts people off. If people just state their point of view once or twice, then agreed to disagree (or even accept the counter argument) this place would be a lot better.
It seems to just be a trait of some people's personality that every conversation has to be adversarial and needs a winner and a loser. I don't even bother talking to my BiL or FiL about the weather, because it'll turn into a tiresome debating society event. Sometimes it feels like that here, but once you figure out who goes out looking for an argument it's pretty easy to just not read it.

D

Deleted member 23270

Free WiFi that requires you to verify your email before allowing you on the network. If i had enough 4G to get an email, i would not be trying to use your free WiFi....
When asked for an email for those things the last thing I want is to be bombarded with junk so I always use nochance@hotmail.com

I apologise to whoever owns that account ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I mean, if you don't like biscuit in your chocolate why the hell have you bought a KitKat? What is going on here? You wouldn't buy a ham & cheese sandwich and complain that they put ham in it would you??

some on here might as then they'll have something to moan about

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
When asked for an email for those things the last thing I want is to be bombarded with junk so I always use nochance@hotmail.com

I apologise to whoever owns that account ?

Few years back I spent a lot of time in hotels working in Leeds for a client. I stayed primarily in the Jury's Inn (budget constraints) and it was a "give us your email address for wifi access" number. So I created a new email address just for that purpose (I have up to 50 free addresses from my domain provider) and that is the only place I ever gave that email address.

4 years later I get, on average, 80-90 spam emails PER DAY, in to that email! It's shocking how easily it happens.

NearHull

Visit site
Few years back I spent a lot of time in hotels working in Leeds for a client. I stayed primarily in the Jury's Inn (budget constraints) and it was a "give us your email address for wifi access" number. So I created a new email address just for that purpose (I have up to 50 free addresses from my domain provider) and that is the only place I ever gave that email address.

4 years later I get, on average, 80-90 spam emails PER DAY, in to that email! It's shocking how easily it happens.

i think that deserves a “WOW!”

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I’d have flagged that to the JI customer services.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Outfox the Market and their shocking customer service.

We moved into a new house where they were the energy supplier. We submitted meter readings when we moved in and again after two weeks when we changed supplier. They've sent us a bill for £1200 for those two weeks because they've got the day and night readings for the electric the wrong way round. I'm offshore and can't phone them and they're refusing to speak to Mrs Colch about it because she's not the account holder. I'm the account holder but they've got it down as Neil Hecks - right first name, wrong surname - which means that even if I phone up they can't discuss it with me as I'm not the named account holder. I'm tempted to ignore it and let it go to collections. Then when the debt collectors come round I can prove that there is no one by the name of Neil Hecks living at the address.