Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The thing is, they know that our neighbour had their windows done by safestyle and we are an identical house. The neighbour paid £7200, so they know what they need to get to.

why would you even consider them after they tried to rip you off for 5k extra? i guess a lot of people do for it to be worthwhile for them

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imagine if a window company just gave an honest price straight away? No haggling, that's the price, take it or leave it. Life would be much easier. I'm hoping there are some out there that offer that, not Safestyle clearly.

Place I’m working at today, Cowen Windows in Whitby, family run firm who make cracking windows, really down to earth and great to do work for. I’d get windows from them in a heartbeat ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thing is, they know that our neighbour had their windows done by safestyle and we are an identical house. The neighbour paid £7200, so they know what they need to get to.

Just noticed with have a customer called Clearview Windows in Southampton, they look to use Rehau profile. I don’t know much about them as I’ve never been in there but your windows would be made by our machines ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
1. The Amazon delivery driver that keeps leaving parcels on the doorstep when we're out, even though the next door neighbour 10 yards away is home, then records on Amazon as "Handed to resident".
2. The yoof that stole the parcel today.
3. The fact that, even though it must happen extremely frequently, there's no option within Amazon to tick a box saying "Stolen from my doorstep". My doorbell cam recorded the parcel being delivered and stolen 30 minutes later, but Amazon insist that they won't do anything until Friday, as it'll probably turn up. ?

You missed the bit about the fact that when you try & report one of their fictitious "Handed to resident" deliveries it is nigh on impossible.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Imagine if a window company just gave an honest price straight away? No haggling, that's the price, take it or leave it. Life would be much easier. I'm hoping there are some out there that offer that, not Safestyle clearly.

The company that fit our windows did exactly that. Came and measured up, quoted the next day.

I told everyone that came that I would only accept one price from them, and the first number they said would be the one I base my decision on.
I also told them as they walked through the door that I would not be signing up to anything that day.

Some of them didn’t know what to do with themselves.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
i wouldn’t go anywhere near safestyle personally.
They just bang out as many windows as possible and not too fussed on quality.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As an office wallah, but working from home my whole working day is spent in front of a PC. Six weeks ago I started a new project that is heavily weighted to mouse use. RSI has started to kick in on my wrist. Thankfully this project only has two more weeks to run.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site