Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car drivers who have used their own transport to get to work who think that either driving like it’s Sunday is good for traffic flow or thinking they have to drive like they’re in the Fast and the Furious.
Normal driving keeping up with traffic flow is all that’s required.:)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
BBC news this morning have hired a helicopter to show that trains are not running. A camera showing nothing, empty tracks ?‍♂️. Financially and environmentally poor decision.

They could have used x thousands of pounds it cost to do something decent, like put on some replacement buses or something.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They could have used x thousands of pounds it cost to do something decent, like put on some replacement buses or something.
They are desperate to build this up but all they are doing is showing empty train tracks, empty platforms and the road network is flowing. Not the carnage they were clearly hoping for. The helicopter was the icing though ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
BBC news this morning have hired a helicopter to show that trains are not running. A camera showing nothing, empty tracks ?‍♂️. Financially and environmentally poor decision.
Same as when the bad weather hits, tell people not to travel unless absolutely necessary but send a reporter and film crew up to the top of a hill in a blizzard to tell us this :rolleyes:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are desperate to build this up but all they are doing is showing empty train tracks, empty platforms and the road network is flowing. Not the carnage they were clearly hoping for. The helicopter was the icing though ?

You have got to smile at how the news a few months ago was all about having to force people to commute again and go back to the office but now it appears that everyone has magically lost that ability to work from home as they did for the best part of 2 years and how a train strike will cause national chaos. Nothing like reporting the story that you want rather than the story that actually is. Everyone I know who commutes has simply got their laptops out and switched back to lockdown mode.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You have got to smile at how the news a few months ago was all about having to force people to commute again and go back to the office but now it appears that everyone has magically lost that ability to work from home as they did for the best part of 2 years and how a train strike will cause national chaos. Nothing like reporting the story that you want rather than the story that actually is. Everyone I know who commutes has simply got their laptops out and switched back to lockdown mode.

And how about the bloke who is having to pay £165 to get a cab to London for his heart operation, and doesn’t know how he will get back. My mate who will have to pay a cab both ways to a Diana Ross concert because there’s no parking left. There’s many more knock on effects to this than just commuting, but there’s nothing like reporting the story you want than the story that actually is…

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
And how about the bloke who is having to pay £165 to get a cab to London for his heart operation, and doesn’t know how he will get back. My mate who will have to pay a cab both ways to a Diana Ross concert because there’s no parking left. There’s many more knock on effects to this than just commuting, but there’s nothing like reporting the story you want than the story that actually is…

I now need to drive to a gig in London as I'm not sure some militant rail worker will not decide to pack up early, so I cant get home.