Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
B&Q being idiots. Our shower/bath mixer that we've had just over a year has failed (water not hot enough) - something to do with a 'cartridge' but you can't get replacement cartridges for it, so we need the whole shower replaced. Under warranty but they told us we need to bring them the old one in order to get the replacement. So we need to pay for two separate plumber call outs to take the old one out and fit the new one a day later? Don't be stupid - we'll take the replacement, have the whole job done in one go, then bring the broken one back to you. No, they won't have that. We have to buy the new one outright and then return the old one for a refund. Now I wonder if there might be complications when it comes to getting the refund? :rolleyes:

Victoria plumb are worse

They offer 5 year warranty think it was but only if you register.. never got the email tbh ..but also I hate registered warranty it should be automatic

Anyways one tap went in shower they don't do spares? It was just the handle part

Had to order a new tap

May have accidentally sent it back with the broken tap .. whoops

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But what if the component they supply isn't actually faulty? B&Q supply mainly to DIY'ers, I would bet they get a lot of incorrect diagnosis.

I would have expected that the cartridge would be a replaceable component and the plumber to repair it in one visit, even if it meant nipping off to the supplier to get a part.
This particular shower is from China and parts cannot be obtained apparently. ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
People that park their BMW in front of the car wash and then going in buying a token. Coming out a long time later with a coffee and a croissant.
I am tempted to get out and open a couple of his doors and the boot.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People that park their BMW in front of the car wash and then going in buying a token. Coming out a long time later with a coffee and a croissant.
I am tempted to get out and open a couple of his doors and the boot.

Had similar yesterday, I had parked up to grab something from petrol station shop. Parked away from everything as there no spaces to park properly so just parked near the air thing but further down.

Go to leave and someone decided to pull up and park right outside the shop, so it meant having to wait for the person using the pump to finish, pay and leave

People just have no awareness.

D-S

Visit site
EasyJet sending repeated emails urging you to get to the airport early due to restrictions etc. and when you arrive at check on 2.5 hours before the flight, being told that check in doesn’t open until 2 hours before the flight resulting in mass queues and hordes of passengers blocking the entrance to the bag drop. Clowns.

Oh and now a mass scramble as check in opens.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tens of thousands of wasps suddenly swarming the front garden :eek:

edit: actually a swarm of bees, that have taken up temporary residence in a tree in the front garden now

Last edited:

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

edit: actually a swarm of bees, that have taken up temporary residence in a tree in the front garden now
Our opposite neighbours had a swarm last week, got a beekeeper to remove them.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Just got rid of my 5th wasp’s nest of the year, 3 of them in the same place. Didn’t realise I could still run that quickly.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We had that last year. It was a swarm in transit. They went the next day:)

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
EasyJet sending repeated emails urging you to get to the airport early due to restrictions etc. and when you arrive at check on 2.5 hours before the flight, being told that check in doesn’t open until 2 hours before the flight resulting in mass queues and hordes of passengers blocking the entrance to the bag drop. Clowns.

Oh and now a mass scramble as check in opens.
EasyJet announcing boarding 15 minutes before arriving passengers start leaving the plane we are about to board. Muppets.
They make the vast majority of their passengers suffer like this in an attempt to cope with the small minority who insist on being late.
- Tell us to get to the airport early.
- Tell us to go to the gate before they are remotely ready.
- Start "boarding" before the plane is ready and make us queue up like cattle in the bridge.
The few who are late never seem to get punished. If the plane took off without them perhaps they'd learn.