Random Irritations

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
One that I think Hobbit might appreciate - Spanish speed-humps !!

I know the principle, and applaud it, but goodness me, they know how to build them to take the sump out of your car. (For anyone who knows the area, or is going there, I give you the road south out of Carboneras ... ).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Banquet Monday and Tuesday at the local curry house

£13 delivered for

Starter. Main, side, rice, naan and a popadom

Too tempting when we CBA lol

We do split it tho

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Left my glasses in a bar/restaurant today. Went to the loo and Mrs 3OTT left leaving them there. It is her birthday So a tad forgetful!

Phoned Restaurant and they said they were still there. Great until when I arrived the glasses were there but the case had gone. Other than needing a case why would somebody in the bar take the case. At least the specs are now on my head!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another Tuesday Ladies Comp and the course is being hacked up in front of us. Greens hadn't been cut but had been spiked and the fairways were being "scarified" or whatever it is that drags up all the surface. Bearing in mind pick and place removed on 1st May - despite a long message to members giving excuses for the state of the course.

They want the Ladies to move to a Thursday and it strikes me have an agenda to make Tuesdays so miserable that they get their way. I've withdrawn from all booked Tuesday comps and won't bother anymore as it's so frustrating and takes away much of my enjoyment.

D

Deleted member 15344

Another Tuesday Ladies Comp and the course is being hacked up in front of us. Greens hadn't been cut but had been spiked and the fairways were being "scarified" or whatever it is that drags up all the surface. Bearing in mind pick and place removed on 1st May - despite a long message to members giving excuses for the state of the course.

They want the Ladies to move to a Thursday and it strikes me have an agenda to make Tuesdays so miserable that they get their way. I've withdrawn from all booked Tuesday comps and won't bother anymore as it's so frustrating and takes away much of my enjoyment.

Looks like it’s not a bad thing I have had to pull out of our society day on Thursday if they have just done the greens and fairways

In fairness though a lot of clubs will be doing it this week with the forecast being rain and warm weather

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Utterly ridiculous, if you are doing course maintenance you don’t schedule comps.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The endless detail of someone else's family life. Fine, they may be enjoying the company of their wife. And their children. And their friends. And their friends' kids. Fine. But don't mind me if I start yawning ...

thats what happens when you pop on to mumsnet. oops.............

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Utterly ridiculous, if you are doing course maintenance you don’t schedule comps.

There's never any notice of the work - they just do it on a Tuesday despite the comps...pretty much every single week. If you complain you're just shouted down and told to go and play somewhere else if you're not happy...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what I would do...:mad:

It's pretty much what I'm going to do as I can't keep feeling so cheesed off and literally like they're taking the proverbial. Just need to decide whether to go back to Brampton or have a sabbatical from the game and see how I feel.