Random Irritations

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Passwords. Parking app I was trying to use today wanted at least 10 characters, at least one upper case, one numeral, and one special character. Didn't specify what a "special character" was. The ones I tried like hyphens were not acceptable. How am I supposed to remember all this stuff?
Get yourself a password manager - job done (and you don't even have to remember it ...)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got back from Turkey.
So my random irritation is air travel and everything associated with it.
The airport experience is even worse than the flying itself.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forgetting to lock your car and when you get in it this morning someone has helped themselves to the £50 change that was in the arm rest.

Good job I took my clubs out of the boot as I often leave them in there.

The ring doorbell that normally picks up a butterfly farting 20 miles away hasn’t picked up who it was

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgetting to lock your car and when you get in it this morning someone has helped themselves to the £50 change that was in the arm rest.

Good job I took my clubs out of the boot as I often leave them in there.

The ring doorbell that normally picks up a butterfly farting 20 miles away hasn’t picked up who it was
Conversely, leaving the car unlocked on the street for 7 weeks (due to broken leg) and finding that no-one touched it in that time - meaning the car was too crappy even for the local oiks. (And, yes, there was money left in it ...)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Passwords. Parking app I was trying to use today wanted at least 10 characters, at least one upper case, one numeral, and one special character. Didn't specify what a "special character" was. The ones I tried like hyphens were not acceptable. How am I supposed to remember all this stuff?

Can I suggest you just use Parking@pp1
:sneaky:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife has a strawberry allergy, it is a real pain.. even the touch of them to skin

Anyways taken her out to this fancy breakfast place that opened near us.

Raspberry smoothy for me, mango for her

Mine came with a strawberry on the cup so I politely gave it back to waitress and reminded her that my wife's allergic

We had ordered breakfast and both came with mixed berries so clearly said no mixed berries please

Mine comes fine

Her comes with 3 strawberries on the plate

Had to send it back. Makes her look fussy but she isn't. Just doesn't want to have an asthma attack and be stuck in bed rest of day

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My
My wife has a strawberry allergy, it is a real pain.. even the touch of them to skin

Anyways taken her out to this fancy breakfast place that opened near us.

Raspberry smoothy for me, mango for her

Mine came with a strawberry on the cup so I politely gave it back to waitress and reminded her that my wife's allergic

We had ordered breakfast and both came with mixed berries so clearly said no mixed berries please

Mine comes fine

Her comes with 3 strawberries on the plate

Had to send it back. Makes her look fussy but she isn't. Just doesn't want to have an asthma attack and be stuck in bed rest of day
My wife has a similar problem with chilli, any hint of that in her food and she comes out in welts all over.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My

My wife has a similar problem with chilli, any hint of that in her food and she comes out in welts all over.

It's very tough on them ain't it?

I mean the strawberry one seems more straightforward than chilli as that can be hidden in cooking?

They litterally have served her a cocktail before with a strawberry on the side and she had to ask for a new drink as the juices had got into her drink

Chefs think oh it looks nice

It does but we requested no strawberries for a reason mate

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Felt we couldn't hold out much longer so succumbed and purchased heating oil.
96.5 p / litre ☹
Thankfully entering the low consumption part of the year, it's going to need to last...

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
When you get a new iPhone and it’s the same as the last one and the one before that, and one the before that and before that…

And then you have to have a case because it’s fragile and you need a new plug because they don’t include one anymore.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you get a new iPhone and it’s the same as the last one and the one before that, and one the before that and before that…

And then you have to have a case because it’s fragile and you need a new plug because they don’t include one anymore.

They say not including plugs has saved a lot of waste as people use what they got (for example we have plugs with usb built in) and people who really need them buy them

However they don't make the phones cheaper for the savings they make not including them!

AliMc

Visit site
To get my daughter out the house, she is on 'study' leave, we wandered along to the local Costa for a coffee, at 13:50 they told us they were closing in 10 minutes due to lack of staff, my son applied for a temp job there a couple of months ago, they didn't reply, he now works elsewhere, makes you wonder

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have put on a few pounds over the weekend despite two 18-hole rounds of golf, an hour of disc golf and 2.5 hours of tennis. Now the wrong side of 13 stone for the first time in a while. Just cannot bring ourselves to go back to the gym as the tedium was mind-numbing. *sigh*

RichA

Visit site
Have put on a few pounds over the weekend despite two 18-hole rounds of golf, an hour of disc golf and 2.5 hours of tennis. Now the wrong side of 13 stone for the first time in a while. Just cannot bring ourselves to go back to the gym as the tedium was mind-numbing. *sigh*
Similarly, recently having to swap the 32" waist trousers and jeans back for the 34". Fortunately, MrsA convinced me to stash the 34s somewhere, rather than giving them to the charity shop.
Just keep telling yourself that muscle weighs more than fat.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The title says "Random Irritations" (doesn't say it has to my irritation) so I am going to randomly irritate the previous two posters.
I'm 5ft 11ins and 11st 2lb - the same as I was 40 years ago. Na na na-na na. :p:p:p