Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Driving round a car park looking for a space and some ball bag decides the one way system doesn’t apply to him

2 guesses what car he drove

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a restaurant booked for 16 people on Saturday for my wife's birthday with friends. When I got there they gave out drinks menus, with cocktails, wine list, etc. But as I was about to order he says "oh we no longer sell alcohol by the way". I said is this a joke? "No sorry, we've changed our policy this week." Can buy alcohol from elsewhere and pay corkage then? No. Why in God's name did you not phone your customers who had bookings with you to let them know about this development?? We asked to speak to the manager, but our request was refused and said manager just wandered off to sit outside having a coffee. Absolutely staggering lack of customer service. We walked out and managed to get a last minute booking elsewhere, luckily.

"changed policy" , had their licence removed more like. LOL

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Electric scooters, Ave nearly hit 2 in the last month.1 today was a sit on scooter. He thought it was hilarious when I just missed him to then race me down the pavement, he was doing 20 mph plus. Thought it was funny until he saw the skip reversing out from a drive and he couldn’t stop in time ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Electric scooters, Ave nearly hit 2 in the last month.1 today was a sit on scooter. He thought it was hilarious when I just missed him to then race me down the pavement, he was doing 20 mph plus. Thought it was funny until he saw the skip reversing out from a drive and he couldn’t stop in time ?

Great result?. BTW, aren't these things highly illegal? Being mechanically propelled vehicles under RTA , are not insurance and DL required?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The level of fanaticism engendered amongst the followers of some YouTube presenters. It's like a cult. The vitriol shown to anyone with a contrary opinion is just scary

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Great result?. BTW, aren't these things highly illegal? Being mechanically propelled vehicles under RTA , are not insurance and DL required?
He cut straight out in front of me coming out of a petrol
Station. It was followed by a blast on the horn. He was nodding and grinning to me as I passed him. I looked down the road and saw the skip reversing out so slowed down. Said plank on the scooter thought he was being clever and accelerated off for a few seconds only to realise he was up crap creek. I don’t know how you do an emergency stop on them things but it entails slamming your trainer on the floor.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm trying to work out if Elton was trying to prove he's "down wid da yoof" or if Dua Lipa was trying to bring some musical credibility to an otherwise unmemorable catalogue.

It's a fail on either count for me. Please God she doesn't wander out on stage with him at the O2 next year. :sick::sick:

I'd rather Dua Lipa turn up than EJ tbh.

He's well past his sell by date.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dog getting grumpy with age. Slow day at work so we took the chance to cut her, we have been doing it ourselves for years. She is a cocker spaniel and gets overly fluffy and shaggy. She will stand and let us cut her, clippers and scissors, no problem until we get to her front paws. We have never hurt her paws, nipped her, etc. She wont let us use the clippers there so it is straight to scissors. Even then she only lasts so long before she gets grumpy and we have to stop. The rest of her is nice and tidy but she looks like she has ugg boots on the front letgs and she looks daft :rolleyes:. It's been this way for a while now but she is getting worse.
Our dog ( rip ) had very sensitive paws if you just touched the gently
But we found if you hold the paw firmly from behind blocking with your arm what the dog could see, it worked for us. Paws crossed it works for you.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a ying/yang isn't it. I was made redundant twice and the first one after nearly 13 years service was nice. Big deposit on our first house. Second one with minimal pay-out and the stress of finding another job. Would rather have a job in these conditions

I'd have thought it's a great time to get a payout. Loads of jobs available. Even Tesco have given staff a pay rise to match others and a bonus, albeit a tiny one but a bonus none the less, as well to try and keep staff. Where I am we've lost 10 people in a month. Luckily the students are back to fill positions but they are unreliable and if they don't want to work on a given day they just don't turn up. Companies are crying out for staff. It's a workers market at the mo.