Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
People being able to call me bald .............................. because I am, it is pure fact.
I'm criticised for calling someone fat, because they claim it's offensive, despite also being pure fact!
Should i just say that they're getting easier to see?

Easier to see and harder to kidnap.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First lawn cut of the year yesterday, and the bloody lawnmower gave up the ghost two thirds of the way through. The garden now looks like I've given it some sort of edgy haircut.

Also, the platform announcer at Finchley Road who thinks he's a comedian doing an open mic night. Your 'humour' is not making the wait for another packed train any more bearable I'm afraid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
First lawn cut of the year yesterday, and the bloody lawnmower gave up the ghost two thirds of the way through. The garden now looks like I've given it some sort of edgy haircut.

Also, the platform announcer at Finchley Road who thinks he's a comedian doing an open mic night. Your 'humour' is not making the wait for another packed train any more bearable I'm afraid.
One of those at Wokingham. He's also given to reading odd bits of poetry as well. Not what you want when your train is late and its raining

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That song which has been doing the rounds for 6 months or so which is just a remix of bits of three Elton John songs. It plays the verse from 'Sacrifice', but then the chorus never arrives - it segues into half of the Rocket Man chorus which is superimposed over the wrong key. I find it infuriatingly unsatisfying. An example of how to make something that's far, far less than the sum of its parts.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That song which has been doing the rounds for 6 months or so which is just a remix of bits of three Elton John songs. It plays the verse from 'Sacrifice', but then the chorus never arrives - it segues into half of the Rocket Man chorus which is superimposed over the wrong key. I find it infuriatingly unsatisfying. An example of how to make something that's far, far less than the sum of its parts.

Agreed, it’s turgid popular music at its worst ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed, it’s turgid popular music at its worst ?
Since it has no proper chorus, it literally has no dynamics at all. Just pootles along with the same lift-music for 3 minutes or so. I could make and record a better Elton John cover on my iPad in ten minutes. I can't believe how much airplay it gets. Staggering.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I used to hate doing platform duties during my brief spell on stations

Can't imagine doing it all the time .. prob the public driving him insane ?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Crikey, your grass grows slowly! I must be on 4th or 5th cut so far.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dog getting grumpy with age. Slow day at work so we took the chance to cut her, we have been doing it ourselves for years. She is a cocker spaniel and gets overly fluffy and shaggy. She will stand and let us cut her, clippers and scissors, no problem until we get to her front paws. We have never hurt her paws, nipped her, etc. She wont let us use the clippers there so it is straight to scissors. Even then she only lasts so long before she gets grumpy and we have to stop. The rest of her is nice and tidy but she looks like she has ugg boots on the front letgs and she looks daft :rolleyes:. It's been this way for a while now but she is getting worse.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dog getting grumpy with age. Slow day at work so we took the chance to cut her, we have been doing it ourselves for years. She is a cocker spaniel and gets overly fluffy and shaggy. She will stand and let us cut her, clippers and scissors, no problem until we get to her front paws. We have never hurt her paws, nipped her, etc. She wont let us use the clippers there so it is straight to scissors. Even then she only lasts so long before she gets grumpy and we have to stop. The rest of her is nice and tidy but she looks like she has ugg boots on the front letgs and she looks daft :rolleyes:. It's been this way for a while now but she is getting worse.

Need photos NOW! ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bees. Or rather the stupid beekeeper who insists on annoying them when I'm working at the allotment and then buggering off leaving me to deal with the angry blighters. Attacked numerous times until one finally got into my hair and stung my scalp. Thank goodness for the water troughs as dunking my head eased the pain a little bit. Just about managed to dash in and out putting things away in between fleeing before heading home.

He's been told not to disturb them when nearby plots are occupied but doesn't seem to get it and I swear was irritated I'd killed one of his bees!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Since it has no proper chorus, it literally has no dynamics at all. Just pootles along with the same lift-music for 3 minutes or so. I could make and record a better Elton John cover on my iPad in ten minutes. I can't believe how much airplay it gets. Staggering.

Does a song have to have a chorus to have dynamics?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The song in quest has zero dynamics, it just plods along in a totally boring manner.

But the post I first quoted states that the reason for the lack of dynamics is the lack of a chorus, which I find strange. I'd say that there's a number of songs without a chorus that certainly don't lack dynamics, so is it the lack of the chorus that is the problem or is it just poorly composed?

If it is the song I'm thinking of I wouldn't disagree that it's a travesty, just not necessarily for that reason.