Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
But the post I first quoted states that the reason for the lack of dynamics is the lack of a chorus, which I find strange. I'd say that there's a number of songs without a chorus that certainly don't lack dynamics, so is it the lack of the chorus that is the problem or is it just poorly composed?

If it is the song I'm thinking of I wouldn't disagree that it's a travesty, just not necessarily for that reason.

I’m not bothered if it has a chorus or not, I was just merely saying it’s pure gash ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does a song have to have a chorus to have dynamics?
Not if it's written properly, but this one uses a verse from another song but not the chorus so it builds to absolutely nothing. Awful. It doesn't have to be a "chorus" in the traditional sense, but a change in volume, or levels of instrumentation, etc, anything. But there's nothing.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not if it's written properly, but this one uses a verse from another song but not the chorus so it builds to absolutely nothing. Awful. It doesn't have to be a "chorus" in the traditional sense, but a change in volume, or levels of instrumentation, etc, anything. But there's nothing.

Is it this one?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I'm trying to work out if Elton was trying to prove he's "down wid da yoof" or if Dua Lipa was trying to bring some musical credibility to an otherwise unmemorable catalogue.

It's a fail on either count for me. Please God she doesn't wander out on stage with him at the O2 next year. :sick::sick:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm trying to work out if Elton was trying to prove he's "down wid da yoof" or if Dua Lipa was trying to bring some musical credibility to an otherwise unmemorable catalogue.

It's a fail on either count for me. Please God she doesn't wander out on stage with him at the O2 next year. :sick::sick:
From 'Lockdown Sessions' apparently, so plenty of duets etc likely. Dua Lipa is the reason it's big in States (no idea why!) but my 'jury' is out on what the other tracks will be like.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Read an article about some people moaning they are having to pay £400 to have their smart metre removed.

Just wow.

For one YOU may not need it but it's not just for you. It's for balancing the grid aswell.

Two they fit them for free why should they send someone round for free because you don't want it?

If you have moved to a property with one and don't want it too right you should pay to have it removed

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's just a more up-to-date version of Rocket Man which is 50 years old and if it's not your preference, I'm sure Elton won't mind as he is currently worth around £320m.
Try listening to it without the video.

yandabrown

Visit site
For one YOU may not need it but it's not just for you. It's for balancing the grid aswell.
I don't understand that part, can you explain? The grid must know what the demand is as they must supply it, knowing who is using it to a fine degree like a household seems redundant to me. The smart meters don't predict the energy use do they?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't understand that part, can you explain? The grid must know what the demand is as they must supply it, knowing who is using it to a fine degree like a household seems redundant to me. The smart meters don't predict the energy use do they?

They monitor trends , can predict spikes in usage based on historical usage

Smart meters and the Smart Export Guarantee
Across the UK, whenever more electricity is generated than consumed, energy prices fall. Smart meters constantly monitor electricity prices. Buying and storing electricity at cheaper prices and then exporting back into the grid when prices are higher is a vital cog in levelling out supply and demand.

The new Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) plan means customers are paid to export to the grid during peak periods. If there is a massive excess – such as December’s windy night – prices can drop below zero, meaning suppliers are effectively paid to take energy off the grid.

Yet only 35% of UK homes (14.3 million) have a smart meter with 34.3 million still to come online.

Octopus’s Agile is an example of a smart meter working alongside a flexible tariff to best use renewable energy booms. It helps shift your electricity use to when it’s cheapest. Other providers are likely to offer more of these agile tariffs as increasing numbers of people switch over to smart metered energy.

Smart meters display the best time to use power, so consumers can use a timer to turn on appliances like dishwashers during times of cheaper electricity prices.

Combining smart meters with storage is the next big step to balance the national grid.

Reminds me of the story of someone paying £££ to remove a 3 phase supply as they didn't want it

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parents in Jump 360 who bring their children as an excuse for them take centre stage. Yes Roger, everyone has seen you do a front flip. Well done. Now move along and let the 7-9 years old queuing up behind you get a go. Also, the sweatband is a tad over the top.