Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
No I opted for open surgery as robotic was fairly new at my time. I'm sure in 12 years prostate procedures have moved on immensely. I reckon you'll be playing a lot sooner than I did.
Is your surgery going to be within the set time line from diagnosis to surgery?

I understand your decision back then but now my hospital have done some 2,000 robot operations. My original diagnosis was 4 years ago, but the Gleason score was 3, I have had biopsies 4 times in 4 years, and only at the last one had a new, more aggressive cancer emerged. I was told at Christmas they would operate in January, maybe February and I'm now rebooked for the 24th February which is fine, my only complaint is that the day they phoned and said it was the 1st February I told them I hadn't had the 2 scans they needed, and no one bothered to either, reorganize them quicker or, change their date to suit.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand your decision back then but now my hospital have done some 2,000 robot operations. My original diagnosis was 4 years ago, but the Gleason score was 3, I have had biopsies 4 times in 4 years, and only at the last one had a new, more aggressive cancer emerged. I was told at Christmas they would operate in January, maybe February and I'm now rebooked for the 24th February which is fine, my only complaint is that the day they phoned and said it was the 1st February I told them I hadn't had the 2 scans they needed, and no one bothered to either, reorganize them quicker or, change their date to suit.
I hope it all goes well Chris and on time ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The new bbq cover I only bought 3 days ago has done a wizard of oz in the storm last night and is nowhere to be seen ?
We have an egg chair in the garden which we have a cover for. We have now learned that when it gets windy we have to remove the cover, bring the chair in temporarily ?. It effectively is there to protect against rain and snow, not wind. Not quite what we hoped for ? (our cover ended up lodged against our garden fence thankfully. Good luck in your search ?)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We have an egg chair in the garden which we have a cover for. We have now learned that when it gets windy we have to remove the cover, bring the chair in temporarily ?. It effectively is there to protect against rain and snow, not wind. Not quite what we hoped for ? (our cover ended up lodged against our garden fence thankfully. Good luck in your search ?)

Our egg cover blows off all the time, even when I tie it tightly around the legs somehow the wind gets under it and away it goes! I bought one of these to stash it away over winter….

https://www.diy.com/departments/keter-store-it-out-arc-plastic-garden-storage-box/653851_BQ.prd

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our egg cover blows off all the time, even when I tie it tightly around the legs somehow the wind gets under it and away it goes! I bought one of these to stash it away over winter….

https://www.diy.com/departments/keter-store-it-out-arc-plastic-garden-storage-box/653851_BQ.prd
Last winter I had it in the living room and loved it there. It became my reading chair. Sadly my wife did not agree ?.

Agree about the cover. I did quite a sophisticated bit of tieing, so I thought, and still it went ?.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Disgusting. Religion should be consigned to history. It’s just an excuse for bigotry and hatred.
But you get a nice break from that on Sundays when they are worshiping their deity, giving you plenty of room on the golf course! (y)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My eldest asked for her best friend and partner to come over for dinner - not a problem.
We’ve just had 2 others appear and I have no idea who they they are.
They’ll be going hungry as I’m not giving up my home made chicken shish for anyone

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having a new car battery put on and now my dashboard is lit up like fairy grotto and I can't get rid of them. I've taken it back and the bloke has knocked the lights off once but they all reappear as soon as I drive off. They weren't there before so why are they there now?