Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today's weather. So flipping cold. 4 hours cycle instructing and even my long johns couldn't stop me from freezing my ass off. Chilled to the bone.

RichA

Visit site
Today's weather. So flipping cold. 4 hours cycle instructing and even my long johns couldn't stop me from freezing my ass off. Chilled to the bone.
Yep, weird this afternoon.
Played early golf a couple weeks ago when "feels like" temperature was -6°C. No problem.
Walked home from the station today with "feels like" at +1°C and thought I might not make it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Part of an E mail from my club yesterday......

"Unfortunately, as many of you will be aware, at lunchtime today there was an incident involving two youths riding scramble bikes across the golf course.

Members and staff did their best to diffuse the situation but not before three of the greens had been damaged.

The greens affected are on Holes 5, 6 & 7. The worst being the 5th which has been moved to a temporary green until repaired and fit to play.

The incident has been reported to Cheshire Police and is currently being investigated"

Marvellous. :(:mad:
Spontaneous 'Shotgun Start' called for!
Hope the repairs work quickly.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, weird this afternoon.
Played early golf a couple weeks ago when "feels like" temperature was -6°C. No problem.
Walked home from the station today with "feels like" at +1°C and thought I might not make it.

Agreed. Feels like was zero all day but it just seemed to seep into my bones. Got warm at lunch and the second I stepped out again I was chilled. Pretty impressed all the kids kept going with very little complaint!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Agreed. Feels like was zero all day but it just seemed to seep into my bones. Got warm at lunch and the second I stepped out again I was chilled. Pretty impressed all the kids kept going with very little complaint!
Was out playing first thing and it was chilly but not that bad..
Sat waiting for a pupil at 3pm and it felt like a new ice age was starting....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I know the feeling. It only reached 16*C today, unfortunately with a wind chill taking it down further.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone know what is causing the massive traffic congestion on the M20 for the last few days.
Nothing about it on the news.
Whereabouts was it supposed to be?

I did London/Ashford/London yesterday and there wasn't anything. But perhaps it was closer to Dover? If so, I think I heard on the news that that the port of Dover is having trouble getting lorries in/out and there's tailbacks. (Covid/Brexit/Driver shortage/whatever apparently). Its possible they are stretching back as far as the M20 perhaps?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Part of an E mail from my club yesterday......

"Unfortunately, as many of you will be aware, at lunchtime today there was an incident involving two youths riding scramble bikes across the golf course.

Members and staff did their best to diffuse the situation but not before three of the greens had been damaged.

The greens affected are on Holes 5, 6 & 7. The worst being the 5th which has been moved to a temporary green until repaired and fit to play.

The incident has been reported to Cheshire Police and is currently being investigated"

Marvellous. :(:mad:
I'd call that a lot more than a random irritation. Sorry to hear this.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hunting for a shade sail with straight edges rather than the regular ones which curve seems to be impossible.
Found some on Wayfair so I ordered a couple last week, I’ve just come across reviews for that website ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Whereabouts was it supposed to be?

I did London/Ashford/London yesterday and there wasn't anything. But perhaps it was closer to Dover? If so, I think I heard on the news that that the port of Dover is having trouble getting lorries in/out and there's tailbacks. (Covid/Brexit/Driver shortage/whatever apparently). Its possible they are stretching back as far as the M20 perhaps?

There was a fairly long queue into Dover, reports were of changes by the French to crossing documentation, and some ferry 's ( 3 I believe) out of action due to being serviced. The queue wasnt anywhere nearly as long as I've seen and was now near to Ashford where I live

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site