Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Black is one of the worst colours to wear where I live, and hi-viz is easily the best.
Hi-viz is the best contrast, but what do I know, I've only been driving/cycling for 45 years.

RichA

Visit site
Ahem
For
Folk that do the whole cyclist visibility thing
Hi viz is crap
Contrast is what counts, which is why I wear black most of the time
Likewise. Hate seeing cyclists in high viz yellow. I've always gone for anything non-camouflaging but always front and rear lights - bright ones. Crap drivers will always buzz you or just not see you whatever you wear.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Cyclists wearing black at dusk or later with no front lights are possibly going to die at some point. And it’s the motorist who gets the blame.

See and be seen always

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Cyclists wearing black at dusk or later with no front lights are possibly going to die at some point. And it’s the motorist who gets the blame.

See and be seen always

Not really true, Phil. There’s a load a research that’s been done relating to conspicuity and night time collisions - if it’s shown that a pedestrian or cyclist cannot be seen, then a motorist is unlikely to be held responsible for a collision.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why. We go over every two years to play Shanklin and Sandown in a club match and always have a decent time. Some good places to eat and drink. Never bothered too much about where we stay as its only a place to kip down for the night

It's one of the most depressing places I've ever been to.
Okay, it is January, but what a derelict, dismal and unwelcoming place it is .............................. absolutely awful.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really true, Phil. There’s a load a research that’s been done relating to conspicuity and night time collisions - if it’s shown that a pedestrian or cyclist cannot be seen, then a motorist is unlikely to be held responsible for a collision.
Legally perhaps, but what of the mental damage to the driver?

A few years ago there was an incident whereby a woman driver hit and seriously damaged a young child on the road.
At first you think dangerous driving ? But the child was with a group playing chicken whereby a child is told to run across the road from behind a car in front of a car as late as they dare.
The woman was never to blame, she had no chance of avoiding the child and whilst legally she was clearly innocent the damage done to her mentally was severe.
She later killed herself as a result.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Legally perhaps, but what of the mental damage to the driver?

A few years ago there was an incident whereby a woman driver hit and seriously damaged a young child on the road.
At first you think dangerous driving ? But the child was with a group playing chicken whereby a child is told to run across the road from behind a car in front of a car as late as they dare.
The woman was never to blame, she had no chance of avoiding the child and whilst legally she was clearly innocent the damage done to her mentally was severe.
She later killed herself as a result.

I was responding to the suggestion that a driver would be held responsible for hitting a cyclist/pedestrian they couldn’t actually see. The trauma suffered by that driver is a different matter altogether.

RichA

Visit site
How the hell has Doughnuts not been eliminated from Masked Singer yet?? He's bloody awful, it's 100% Michael Owen! Get him off!
Dreadful singer, but he plays the crowd. If it is Michael Owen the doughnut suit suits him. All of a sudden he has a personality. Can see it being another member of the team v Argentina in 1998, putting on a Liverpool accent. Maybe Le Saux.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Getting an email from our energy provider, congratulating us on changing our energy tariff - not sure what we are meant to celebrate when our monthly bill has more than doubled :mad::mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dreadful singer, but he plays the crowd. If it is Michael Owen the doughnut suit suits him. All of a sudden he has a personality. Can see it being another member of the team v Argentina in 1998, putting on a Liverpool accent. Maybe Le Saux.
Other clues from previous weeks pointed to Owen, like there was one about 150 goals I think. I'll be shocked if it isn't him anyway.

RichA

Visit site
Other clues from previous weeks pointed to Owen, like there was one about 150 goals I think. I'll be shocked if it isn't him anyway.
Me too. I'm just stunned how much personality he's putting into it. If it is him, it's his best TV performance ever.