Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 15344

The idiot truck driver this morning blocking up the residential area around a school then deciding to swear at the car drivers and kids walking to school because he couldn’t bully his way through the traffic like he wanted

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
eBay randomly switching on "accept offers" half way through and auction listing. If I wanted offers, I would have activated this when I listed it.

And, only finding out eBay had switched on offers after receiving an offer for an item (starting at £250) of £180. I mean, I know it's acceptable to offer a lower number but £70? Is it a numbers game with these folks, eventually someone will accept a stupid and insulting offer?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A nice new bird box has been fastened to a tree on our 18th hole.
Excellent
Sadly the placement could be a little better.
The tree is 15 yards off line from the centre of the fairway, 50 yards in front of the tee box and on the side of the tree so it sits facing out into the line of shot.
OK, it's 15 yards off line......but I give it a month before someone takes it out with a misplaced ProV......
If it was 90° to the right you couldn't hit it if you tried.....

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A nice new bird box has been fastened to a tree on our 18th hole.
Excellent
Sadly the placement could be a little better.
The tree is 15 yards off line from the centre of the fairway, 50 yards in front of the tee box and on the side of the tree so it sits facing out into the line of shot.
OK, it's 15 yards off line......but I give it a month before someone takes it out with a misplaced ProV......
If it was 90° to the right you couldn't hit it if you tried.....

But if it was facing 90 degrees to the right, would it be facing the right way for the birds (yes, there is a right way for a bird box to face)?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But if it was facing 90 degrees to the right, would it be facing the right way for the birds (yes, there is a right way for a bird box to face)?
I'm sure that's the case but it's no good to Man or Bird in a hundred, splintered pieces...
Plenty of other trees available...
Just seems a strange place to put it..

D

Deleted member 23270

Bought advance tickets for the train to London at the weekend. The return train has been cancelled but there is now one 5 minutes earlier. Received an email saying I need to buy new tickets at more than twice the original price. Not sure of the legality but by buying a ticket they have entered into a contract with me?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heinz baked beans

Why oh why don't they stack? I mean tinned tomatoes stack nicely ...have a nice little ridge in the can so they slot on top of each other

Why don't the beans?

That's my random irritation today.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sure that's the case but it's no good to Man or Bird in a hundred, splintered pieces...
The club should instruct all players to aim directly at it. That will guarantee it never gets hit.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

You wont hit it if you had a proper stance and stood in the right place ( HNSP was it)...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Virgin Atlantic

Through the pandemic, email after email 'please stay loyal to our airline, your air miles will remain valid and you can use them as soon as you feel ready to travel'

book holiday and call Virgin Atlantic

'We are sorry, we are not accepting airmile upgrades on most of our flights at the moment but you can pay and extra £2.5k if you want to upgrade to premium'

Thanks but no thanks, think i will just pay the extra £50 and have the extra leg room on the emergency exit seats. Would rather spend my money when I get on holiday than on travelling there.