Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tricky one for them though. Plenty of rumour, innuendo and anonymous calls to journos, but probably minimal actual evidence of offences - which are in the same penalty bracket as driving in a bus lane or dropping a fag butt.
If the irresponsible but criminally minor activities have the potential to bring down a democratically elected government, they're probably hoping that Sue Gray does the job, rather than them.
Also, are the people who are clamouring for the police to investigate the same people who moaned when the police charged the 2 women walking round the reservoir in Derbyshire. Or those who say "stop prosecuting motorists, concentrate on 'real' crimes". Double standards everywhere.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also, are the people who are clamouring for the police to investigate the same people who moaned when the police charged the 2 women walking round the reservoir in Derbyshire. Or those who say "stop prosecuting motorists, concentrate on 'real' crimes". Double standards everywhere.

Isn't it a tiny bit different 2 ladies outside to 30 or so people outside who set the rules?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
That’s the issue to me, if when Midget Gems were first produced in 1905 (I believe) they used the word Midget as an insult or slight to Dwarfs and actual Midgets then good luck to her, but as you say, were does it stop?
No chance of your panto though it’ll have to be a “A Gender Fluid Individual and the Seven Individuals who are Below Average Height”;)
Just for clarification, a midget is not the same as a dwarf. A midget is an extremely small person who is otherwise normally proportioned.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Put some muddy stuff in the washing machine before I set out to work this morning, had it on quite a warm setting which I haven’t used before.
Had a message from the missus, apparently there’s water and foam all over the kitchen floor ??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It would appear we can now climb on trains and glue ourselves to the side of one, holding up the train network for 77 minutes and not face any repercussions......
I'm really starting to think that massive asteroid needs to come so everything can start again.....

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
All the unmasked customers in Tesco today seem to be in pairs. And their number seems to be increasing.
Why doesn't one of them stay at home or wait outside for the other one?

On the plus side (OK doesn't belong on this thread) Double Cask Tamnavulin only £22 clubcard price. (@Foxholer take note)
Well, I had to, didn't I? Price of everything else is going up sooo much! There, got back to an irritation in the end.

D

Deleted member 25172

Shane Lowry (and the rest of them for that matter).

It may be semantics when it comes to the words used, but my stomach is close to turn inside out when someone who's made over $26 million in prize money alone is talking about "earning a living for his family" as a reason to play in Saudi Arabia.

I'd somewhat understand the guys on tour/s who are struggling* to make ends meet and looking for a big pay-day if they go, but not the big boys.

*struggling is used very loosely here

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All the unmasked customers in Tesco today seem to be in pairs. And their number seems to be increasing.
Why doesn't one of them stay at home or wait outside for the other one?

I share your irritation (most of the forum members probably do as well).
I understand that shops cannot challenge customers without masks regarding their reason for exemption, although I don't agree with it in the current situation we are faced with.

What really gets my goat is when you see 2 or more people together - all not wearing a mask. I'd bet my mortgage on them having no reason to be exempt, instead they have are ignorant, arrogant, law breaking idiots.
Surely store security should be able to refuse entry to such people on the grounds of protecting the health of their law abiding customers.

Was dragged along to Morrisons by the Mrs last night and as we entered the store, there was a guy with 2 ladies all not wearing masks.
I blew a fuse and confronted them, questioning whether they were all exempt with a few expletives thrown in for good measure.
The Mrs, horrified at my behaviour, pulled me up and gave me a right rollocking.

I would also add that the 3 idiots were foreign (East European) and in my experience during the pandemic is that "mask offenders" tend to be of East European / Asian denomination.
Not wanting to be un-PC or make generalisations, but that is what I have observed - obviously there are also indigenous idiots that flout the law regarding masks.

If only this country grew a pair of balls (like Australia) and put an end to these idiots taking the P!
Unfortunately we all know that they can continue to behave as they want without any retribution.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It would appear we can now climb on trains and glue ourselves to the side of one, holding up the train network for 77 minutes and not face any repercussions......
I'm really starting to think that massive asteroid needs to come so everything can start again.....

More irritating is the fact that the morons targeted an electric train, which surely represents the very thing that we should be using more of.

Absolute bloody planks, and as for the jury that acquitted them, they could do with a shake.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I share your irritation (most of the forum members probably do as well).
I understand that shops cannot challenge customers without masks regarding their reason for exemption, although I don't agree with it in the current situation we are faced with.

What really gets my goat is when you see 2 or more people together - all not wearing a mask. I'd bet my mortgage on them having no reason to be exempt, instead they have are ignorant, arrogant, law breaking idiots.
Surely store security should be able to refuse entry to such people on the grounds of protecting the health of their law abiding customers.

Was dragged along to Morrisons by the Mrs last night and as we entered the store, there was a guy with 2 ladies all not wearing masks.
I blew a fuse and confronted them, questioning whether they were all exempt with a few expletives thrown in for good measure.
The Mrs, horrified at my behaviour, pulled me up and gave me a right rollocking.

I would also add that the 3 idiots were foreign (East European) and in my experience during the pandemic is that "mask offenders" tend to be of East European / Asian denomination.
Not wanting to be un-PC or make generalisations, but that is what I have observed - obviously there are also indigenous idiots that flout the law regarding masks.

If only this country grew a pair of balls (like Australia) and put an end to these idiots taking the P!
Unfortunately we all know that they can continue to behave as they want without any retribution.

Go live in Australia ??‍♂️

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

Apologies, it’s 3am for me in my world and I’m walking the dog and need to go back to bed.

I don’t recall paying for adlock and if I do I find it value for money. It’s used daily! There’s an option on my adlock home screen to upgrade. So I’m assuming I haven’t paid for it at POS.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No it's adlock. Stop being such a dick. Probably impossible but you could try
As someone who also uses Adblock, I also thought you'd made a typo which had been helpfully corrected.
Perhaps it's better to enquire politely rather than jumping out with insults first, it looked to me like someone was trying to be helpful to you.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As someone who also uses Adblock, I also thought you'd made a typo which had been helpfully corrected.
Perhaps it's better to enquire politely rather than jumping out with insults first, it looked to me like someone was trying to be helpful to you.

Why should he enquire politely when he knew the forum’s pedant was, once again, clearly wrong? You might have thought Foxy was trying to be helpful, whilst others, who’ve seen so many of Foxy’s posts in the past, might have thought otherwise.