Random Irritations

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Popped to Starbucks on way home having found out it opens at 6.
Not often I go, and not often I check how much things are.
Drank my coffee, recent transaction notification on watch.
£4.05…. Jesus.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Popped to Starbucks on way home having found out it opens at 6.
Not often I go, and not often I check how much things are.
Drank my coffee, recent transaction notification on watch.
£4.05…. Jesus.

:eek::eek:

I paid €3.50 a few days back, but it also included a bacon sandwich.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep. And now he's had to lie about breaking quarantine rules to cover up the fake test result.

The German media are on to it. They've spotted the serial number on the QR code for his positive test is out of sequence.
Someone told me that his wife had explained that they had refused the vaccine due to it being connected to the transmission of 5G :unsure:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
M and S renaming midget gems to mini gems as calling them midget gems is a hate crime against little people! World has gone truly mad
Not saying its not daft to change the name, but interested to know where one read the "story". As I suspect the story is a corruption of whatever facts are out there (if not in fact total blox)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not saying its not daft to change the name, but interested to know where one read the "story". As I suspect the story is a corruption of whatever facts are out there (if not in fact total blox)

It’s been picked up by the English speaking Spanish press. Not one of the best sources here but the story is out there.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It is all over all the usual media outlets, complete with quotes from the campaigner who pressed for the change so I suspect it is true - unfortunately

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trying to read our gas and electric meters. They are smart ones but not recognised by our current supplier. They are a PITA and I am not sure if any of the readings I've done are right:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

It is all over all the usual media outlets, complete with quotes from the campaigner who pressed for the change so I suspect it is true - unfortunately
Totally agree the World has gone mad.
This is completely true, M+S agreed to the change 10 months, but the “new” rebranded packets have only just hit the stores. The woman behind it Dr Erin Pritchard a University Lecturer(who suffers with Dwarfism) raised the point with many stores during Dwarfism Awareness Month, Tesco’s are expected to rename there’s as well.

Dr Pritchard has acknowledged it would not be able to rename items no longer in production like the MG Midget or the Daihatsu Midget minivan.

Here’s a link to a twitter post from her today, please read the comments:

RichA

Visit site
Only a matter of time until one of “them” come along to tell how silly you are to get annoyed by such thing. But yes, it is mad.
By "them", do you mean people who couldn't care less what name a supermarket gives to a crap sweet? If so, I guess I'm one of them.
At least the campaigner had a genuine reason to be irritated that wasn't entirely random.
Is it another quiet news day today?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying to read our gas and electric meters. They are smart ones but not recognised by our current supplier. They are a PITA and I am not sure if any of the readings I've done are right:rolleyes:

Do you have a in home display still? It should still talk to the metre as it's not the bit the company speak to.. ours went dumb but you could still read the metre readings from it

D

Deleted member 25172

By "them", do you mean people who couldn't care less what name a supermarket gives to a crap sweet? If so, I guess I'm one of them.
At least the campaigner had a genuine reason to be irritated that wasn't entirely random.
Is it another quiet news day today?

Took a little bit longer than expected I do have to admit, but I did have you on the short-list. (y)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree the World has gone mad.
This is completely true, M+S agreed to the change 10 months, but the “new” rebranded packets have only just hit the stores. The woman behind it Dr Erin Pritchard a University Lecturer(who suffers with Dwarfism) raised the point with many stores during Dwarfism Awareness Month, Tesco’s are expected to rename there’s as well.

Dr Pritchard has acknowledged it would not be able to rename items no longer in production like the MG Midget or the Daihatsu Midget minivan.

Here’s a link to a twitter post from her today, please read the comments:

Next years Christmas panto.

Lady of no Colour and the Seven Mini Gems.

When will it all end.