Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
He is a thought I keep thinking and would like to share.

Just give me 10 minutes with the two of them, and then I'll pass them on to someone else. I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to "council" them.
I've witnessed the aftermath of revenge violence in prison. The resources of the local hospital being used. The extra work for the prison officers. Writing of reports and answering the questions about whether sufficient vigilance was given or whether this had been "allowed to occur". The extra resources that then have to be put in place for the victim. The moving of prisoners to other prisons as a result. Complete waste of time and resources. Let them spend their whole time in prison in fear of such an attack without one ever occurring. That is my wish.

"I know what I'd like to do with them." This phrase is glib, but is sufficiently vague with no expression of intent to carry it out. No need for any details.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve still got my previous Sky router that I got with Sky Q. The one I’m using at the moment is the one Sky sent me when I upgraded to their fast broadband from standard. I don’t know if the old one will support faster speeds.

I'm using a really old sky router as a modem, then it is linked to TP Link Deco to make a mesh. But in hindsight I would have bought the BT mesh product as they integrate with SkyQ much better. I am having to run a hidden SSID just for the SkyQ boxed as they wont connect to the Deco

Much better though. get pervasive wifi at decent speeds and they can handle the 30+ devices we have on our home network, where the OEM boxes have no chance!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Constant price increases coming through, on every single item that we buy in. A key item has been increased by 20% today, the impact is massive. There seems to be no end of this.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
An ongoing WhatsApp exchange involving a new employee who has managed to kill his computer. Having asked someone for a call to assist, the response came that the MS Teams call wasn’t working…

Give me strength. ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
That Alec Baldwin interview/drama with music thing.
Don’t know, just doesn’t sit right with me.

The interview seemed at odds with the original reports that Baldwin pulled the trigger. I did wonder if the interview was staged so that Baldwin could lay The ground work for his defence. Where will the court find an independent jury now?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The interview seemed at odds with the original reports that Baldwin pulled the trigger. I did wonder if the interview was staged so that Baldwin could lay The ground work for his defence. Where will the court find an independent jury now?
Isn't that always the case in America? Defendants, accusers frequently go on chat shows prior to a court case. Not allowed here, quite right imo, but standard over there. It jars with us on this side of the pond and this example is no different.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Isn't that always the case in America? Defendants, accusers frequently go on chat shows prior to a court case. Not allowed here, quite right imo, but standard over there. It jars with us on this side of the pond and this example is no different.

He 'cocked' the revolver, aimed and released the hammer and he was surprised the gun fired ! Purely my opinion but IF the trigger was also being held a discharge would not have surprised me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's quite clearly a staged interview for me, a well prepped one at that.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't think an actor can be held responsible for knowing/not knowing the difference between a live round and a dummy. There was a person on the set with that job and they cleared it.

I'm sorry but being an actor is not a get out. Anyone who handles a gun (or anything potentially lethal) whether privately or professionally must be personally trained and competent in its safe use. Go to any gun club or shooting range and there will be a rigorous safety briefing.

I'm sure in your company you would expect the H&SE to be crawling all over your training procedures were a fatality to occur.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'm sorry but being an actor is not a get out. Anyone who handles a gun (or anything potentially lethal) whether privately or professionally must be personally trained and competent in its safe use. Go to any gun club or shooting range and there will be a rigorous safety briefing.

I'm sure in your company you would expect the H&SE to be crawling all over your training procedures were a fatality to occur.

Sounds fine, but come on, OTT.
Anything potentially lethal. Is your or my wife personally trained and competent re the kitchen knife?? Ok, but seriously,
Do you think every actor you have ever seen portrayed as shooting a gun is or has been "personally trained.....etc

Quite honestly, I didn't think that Actors weapons were "proper " weapons, be it guns, swords, whatever.
Certainly I wouldn't expect, ( nor would the actor?) there to be any live ammunition within miles of a 'set'

So to extrapolate the position to putting the responsibility on him, as the actor, is just not on.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sounds fine, but come on, OTT.
Anything potentially lethal. Is your or my wife personally trained and competent re the kitchen knife?? Ok, but seriously,
Do you think every actor you have ever seen portrayed as shooting a gun is or has been "personally trained.....etc

Quite honestly, I didn't think that Actors weapons were "proper " weapons, be it guns, swords, whatever.
Certainly I wouldn't expect, ( nor would the actor?) there to be any live ammunition within miles of a 'set'

So to extrapolate the position to putting the responsibility on him, as the actor, is just not on.

This was not a 'prop' but a vintage revolver and the crew had been shooting cans with live rounds . Anyway that's me done on the subject (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dan Walker…still in SCD. An absolute ‘maypole‘ around which his professional dances…but he seems to hold some weird fascination for Shirley Ballas.