Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Came second in the pub quiz last night for the third time running. This time we got 24 out of 25 answers correct, but the winner is the first team to get five answers in a line on the grid, not the team with the most correct answers. o_O Getting the most answers gets you the second place price. :unsure:

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Came second in the quiz last night for the third time running. This time we got 24 out of 25 answers correct, but the winner is the first team to get five answers in a line on the grid, not the team with the most correct answers. o_O Getting the most answers gets you the second place price. :unsure:

You should have paid more attention at school.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
ID Mobile.

Tried to buy my 2 sons new mobile phones, picked the ones they wanted, it wouldn't let me buy two only one. So dumped one and bought the other. Then next day tried to buy the other one. went through the order process what i thought was successfully only to get an email later in the evening saying I had failed the credit check (but its not all bad news as they can sell me a pay as you go sim only!)

Went on Expirian, 999/1000 then on to Equifax 750/100. When I read a bit more on Equifax it showed I had only had 1 "Hard search" of my credit rating in the last 6 months, by ID Mobile the night before. However ID mobile do not like customers to have had to many hard search in a 6 month period so that's why I was refused! If they had just let me buy the two when i first tried it would have been hassle free. :mad::mad::mad:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Certain sections of any given country adding where they, historically, orginate from to the pace of where they were born.

I am now going to say, when asked, that I am British English, so that I can join in this ridiculousness.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
What should have been a straightforward MOT on my mobile locker-room aka my 08 Polo - finds a leak from a pipe that means emissions limit is exceeded. £100 to replace pipe…ho hum.

For a 08 reg car you gotta be chuffed surely. £100 for 12 months motoring? This should be posted in the bargins thread.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Commentators on international football matches who regularly mention the club of any player…certainly an affliction/affectation of some more regular commentators on the English game…so…Henderson of Liverpool, great ball to Vardy of Leicester. Not all the time of course, but too regular for me when it’s irrelevant and so irritating in an international team context.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It appears neither us or our neighbours either side have any mains water at the moment..
There looks to be works going on at the end of the road...
No biggy for us but next door has a newborn and a toddler...
And it would have been nice if they'd let us know before hand.....:rolleyes:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It appears neither us or our neighbours either side have any mains water at the moment..
There looks to be works going on at the end of the road...
No biggy for us but next door has a newborn and a toddler...
And it would have been nice if they'd let us know before hand.....:rolleyes:

If it was planned works yes, if it’s a emergency then it depends how good their crystal ball is. ?
This time of year the pipes freeze and crack in the cold snap, as it thaws then the leaks start. Given what’s just passed in terms of weather then I’d hope it’s a burst and they are just getting on with it. If it is planned then it is out of order.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A report on the BBC live feed about how it made a mockery of the booster system that someone had 1100 people ahead of them in the queue online. Do they not realise that it normally takes less than a minute for a queue that size to clear.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
F1 commentators who refer to drivers by their name apart from Leclerc who is referred to as "The Monagesque" driver. Why???

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dog owners not picking up, out biking today and went though one what must have been left by Digby.. the guy behind me got some sprayed on him, so we stopped on the path, guess what two of us then trod on some on the very of the path.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another train journey and 6 people in the carriage I went to sit in in close proximity to each other unmasked. Have to admit I gave a very loud tut and a head shake and moved to an adjacent carriage where everyone wore a mask

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For a 08 reg car you gotta be chuffed surely. £100 for 12 months motoring? This should be posted in the bargins thread.
Of course they hadn’t included Labour and VAT in the £100, and so in the end the MOT plus that essential repair cost me £280. But as you say, not bad for an 08 with £107,000 on the clock.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If we are meant to have 0% cloud and, by default, 0% chance of precipitation..........

Why is it snowing:unsure::rolleyes:

And thats the course closed - next inspection at 10:poop:

Last edited: