Random Irritations

D-S

Visit site
Having to cancel our first trip abroad since March last year which I booked on Tuesday, because we thought a secluded self contained hotel with a golf course was a good way to have a quiet break - unfortunately it was in Marrakech.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can't argue but the rain radar doesn't help when you're trying to plan a few days in advance.
I've always wondered why they bother trying if it's so difficult so forecast more than a day or 2 in advance let alone a week/10 days

surely you would know by not that especially as the seasons are changing that the weather can easily change quickly - we live on a island where the weather changes quickly - we have various wind systems around the island that can change in a matter of hours

It’s a forecast at the end of the day - and one that can change quickly - they can only look at what they see coming in from with weather systems over Atlantic for example and make judgments based on mainly the wind speed and when that weather front will hit. Working along side the met on airfields the level of detail is immense - but even if they forecast a dry sunny day - a fast developing weather front can change that.

But if people look to plan their day based on long range forecasts then don’t cry when nature decides to change - even more so as we go through the seasons changing.

Last edited by a moderator:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sat here with an ice pack on my knee (again) after a little tumble whilst out with the dog on the hills :( not helped by the fact the dog thought it was a fun game

I know i know, ive heard em all Imurg ;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Lol dog not to blame, just the idiot holding the lead :(

we have said for a while that you were made of balsa wood, thought that that was too strong for you, so looked for an alternative....

Unfortunately Balsa is the softest wood in the world, so you are stuck with it .

Get Better soon Steve

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
we have said for a while that you were made of balsa wood, thought that that was too strong for you, so looked for an alternative....

Unfortunately Balsa is the softest wood in the world, so you are stuck with it .

Get Better soon Steve

Balsa is actually classified as a hardwood. :whistle:
It's probably the softest hardwood in the world. ;)