Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Code?!? :). It's not that new, probably over 15 years ago! It's a Potterton Suprema 40 and just shows me a light. It has gone through a few PCBs as it's notorious for eating them.
My knowledge of boilers pretty much starts and ends with topping up the water to increase the pressure :D. If it isn't that then without a code you are well beyond my skills I'm afraid.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The media (in my case BBC News) who have gone very quiet about fuel and, in fact, completely lost interest once the panic-buying crisis they fuelled eased...now keen to tell us all that we'll be short of food and toys for Christmas :rolleyes:

I’ve just gone out and bought 500 pigs in blankets. I’m not panic buying I just like them

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The media (in my case BBC News) who have gone very quiet about fuel and, in fact, completely lost interest once the panic-buying crisis they fuelled eased...now keen to tell us all that we'll be short of food and toys for Christmas :rolleyes:
I think that it’s the retailers and retailers representative bodies that are telling us this and the news and other media are simply reporting what they are saying. Or would we rather not be told of the warnings retailers are putting out.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think that it’s the retailers and retailers representative bodies that are telling us this and the news and other media are simply reporting what they are saying. Or would we rather not be told of the warnings retailers are putting out.

And I suppose you plan your golf outings by the 3 - 5 day forecasts and the "weather warnings" :rolleyes:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Or are we being told these things in order to try to get us to buy more of a particular item? Turkey suppliers saying there is going to be a shortage of turkeys this Xmas? Toy suppliers saying there is going to be a shortage of toys this Xmas? It just all leads back in to idiots panic buying and creating a shortage. I cooked a roast dinner on Tuesday and there weren't any Tesco individual Yorkshire puddings in the freezer section. I'm assuming that's because there are too many morons in this country that are already stocking up for Xmas.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Who has Yorkshire puddings with Christmas dinner? And who eats pre made Yorkshire puddings at all? They are properly grim.

They are so easy to make
4 Eggs
150g plain flour
250ml whole milk
Salt
White pepper

Make sure the oil and baking tins are properly hot before adding mixture.
20/25 mins at 230*c

Something being out of stock does not indicate the idiots have been panic buying.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Britains road network that only has 1 lane each way...the outside lane.
And those who get annoyed because you dont follow the sheep in the outside lane and stick to the most inside lane you can be in and continue at your own speed