Random Irritations

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
go to settings on the home button menu
right arrow across to the second item which is network connection - assume this has a cross? if so right arrow to network set up, press enter, should bring up a status box. If it doesnt say connected then right arrow again to reset and enter
I am being asked for IP address of this Sky box ????? It is showing 0.0.0.0 at moment.Also showing Connection to broadband router fail.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am being asked for IP address of this Sky box ????? It is showing 0.0.0.0 at moment.Also showing Connection to broadband router fail.

well weve found the problem :)

to the right of the status box does it have a reconnect option? if not have you tried the reset? otherwise would try pressing the WPS button on your router and then the WPS button on your sky box to try and connect

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
well weve found the problem :)

to the right of the status box does it have a reconnect option? if not have you tried the reset? otherwise would try pressing the WPS button on your router and then the WPS button on your sky box to try and connect
Reset button (red) doesn’t seem to do anything. What is WPS button ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have solved the problem and it did involve a branch. ? Our dish is on the ground, and I always keep the shrubs around it cut back. What I hadn’t noticed was a branch from a tree nearby had just dropped in front of the dish.A good attack with cutters and we are all good. Just in time for Mrs H to watch ‘A Place in the Sun’ ?

Thanks for all the help. I love modern technology.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost being taken out by an old woman in a car on my way back from a bike ride yesterday... I was on the cycle path/pavement. She then almost hit a car on the other side of the road and then stalled it. I and the driver of the car she almost hit and i watched in disbelief as she drove away mounting the pavement again..then almost hitting another car coming the other way as she again drifted onto the other side of the road.

Don't think she should be behind a wheel.

Hope you reported her to the police.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The seeming increase in people who park up at the roadside and then just open their door to get out regardless of any traffic behind them. Absolute tossers.

Also, self appointed subject matter experts who actually know nothing about a subject save what they have read on Wikipedia or, even worse, Google.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Or maybe I just want to call out people for making false comparisons to justify their stance?

They’re using comparisons to point out others hypocritical thinking. We are all guilty of it being bias creatures mind and “whataboutery” certainly knocks you back on track to reality.

You can’t argue about pilots doing an air show and getting flight time in and then jet off for your summer hols. You can’t get in your car to travel infact you shouldn’t even own one. you cannot do any polluting activities bar pass gas out your backside.

To be against pollution, your must not pollute yourself.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pet insurance!!
I've never made a claim but the premium renewal has gone from £250, for my little mongrel, to £411.
That's an increase of over 60%!

Any suggestions for good pet insurance companies?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Pet insurance!!
I've never made a claim but the premium renewal has gone from £250, for my little mongrel, to £411.
That's an increase of over 60%!

Any suggestions for good pet insurance companies?

I use bought by many but only as it was best for one of my dogs as he needs pre existing cover.

Go compare have an option for pet insurance.

Some will love petplan, and vets are usually positive about them.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
They’re using comparisons to point out others hypocritical thinking. We are all guilty of it being bias creatures mind and “whataboutery” certainly knocks you back on track to reality.

You can’t argue about pilots doing an air show and getting flight time in and then jet off for your summer hols. You can’t get in your car to travel infact you shouldn’t even own one. you cannot do any polluting activities bar pass gas out your backside.

To be against pollution, your must not pollute yourself.
Total nonsense.