Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
If this was aimed at me, here's what I wrote

''Some people don't deserve to breathe fresh air''

I did not mention their air supply be cut off permanently.

Wasn't "aimed" at you Bob , so much as going along with your sentiment, which I took as meaning jail or similar . Only I was going somewhat further?.
I happen to be infuriated these days at how low life are impacting on hardworking ordinary people and getting nothing more than slapped wrists.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Anybody who has a van or anything to do with them knows they are common targets for their contents and the van itself.
He May well be hardworking, but to leave his van unattended with the engine running like that is reckless, and his insurance won’t pay out. I drive a van, and am in an out of the drivers seat very often. I never leave the van unlocked when Im not in it. I also never leave my car unlocked and unattended or my front door to the house wide open when not home.

No, neither do I, and I agree that being security minded is best, but it is not his fault because the van wasn't secure.
It was the fault of the scum that committed a criminal act.
This growing emphasis on people having to be security minded all the time, and the readiness to throw blame at them when they aren't, is creeping in over the years.
Now , if you are old and not on top of IT security, it's your fault too is it, when some scammer takes your money etc.?
It's a trend that came in over the years, along with slapped wrists and psychological assessments etc.
We need to concentrate more on those responsible, not the victims.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, neither do I, and I agree that being security minded is best, but it is not his fault because the van wasn't secure.
This growing emphasis on people having to be security minded all the time, and the readiness to throw blame at them when they aren't, is creeping in over the years.
Now , if you are old and not on top of IT security, it's your fault too is it, when some scammer takes your money etc.?
It's a trend that came in over the years, along with slapped wrists and psychological assessments etc.

There is plenty of scum in the world and they shouldn't be let off the hook obviously. But there's no excuse for naivety and carelessness. Leaving a van load of parcels unlocked with the keys in is plain stupidity.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
One of the best things we did at our club in recent years was to widen the car parking spaces to allow room for players with clubs to get between two cards. Still amazing though how often you see drivers take up two spaces.
At our club, when the car park was resurfaced, I suggested that they angle the car parking spaces. This has been beneficial in that people now (generally) seem to park more between the lines, and they have to drive in forwards so they can get the clubs out of the boot more easily.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At our club, when the car park was resurfaced, I suggested that they angle the car parking spaces. This has been beneficial in that people now (generally) seem to park more between the lines, and they have to drive in forwards so they can get the clubs out of the boot more easily.

I virtually always reverse park partly because overall it is the easiest and safest way to park (no reversing out without seeing what is coming) and at the golf club I need to access the 12v socket at least once a week to pump up the buggy tyres.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
People who seem incapable of using Outlook or Teams correctly, to book meetings. I’ve had two this week which I have been booked whilst I’m in another meeting, I declined one, I checked if it was being rescheduled, only to be told no, and they have loads of questions for me! Good luck getting them answered as I’ll be in another meeting, AS PER MY DIARY ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry, I thought door locks and ignition locks/keys were standard even back in the days of Alvis.......
Scum will always try and take what they can, but turning off the engine and locking the vehicle when you leave it is common sense and no amount of hanging the scum who took his van will change that.
If he hadn't been so lazy the van would still be with him.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
We get this on railways with heat and cold, our country suffers from extreme weather both ways so is harder to set for just one . If we were cold or boiling all year round it would be so much simpler
Surely you're joking. The UK has very UN-extreme weather.
Places like the middle of the USA or Canada or Russia have temperature variations through the year that boggle the mind.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I went to Florida on holiday a few years ago I discovered this method of lines in car parks. It seemed to be standard practice and soooooooooooo much easier to use. I've no idea why it hasn't been adopted over here, it's criminal ?.

Well done you on getting this done?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It worries me that you have such a complete lack of knowledge of how to negotiate a roundabout. I think this is one of those where if you don’t know the answer, you are the problem.[/QUOTE

I am going to reluctantly agree with you. But I'm not on my own. I not sure anyone knows the correct way

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The way the radio phone-in raging has been going this morning you might think that no one has ever been delayed and has missed an appointment, flight or connection or otherwise inconvenienced by congestion caused by road traffic accidents, roadworks - or indeed simply the volume of traffic ?

Traffic volume has driven me nuts for years. You cannot keep building houses for people, most of whom drive a car nowadays, and not improve the road infrastructure.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Folk on a Mazda Facebook group I am a member of that keep fawning over their new car and posting pictures of it in various places. Also, it is a car not a she, they are lumps of metal and plastic that will be recycled in around 20 years. Get over yourselves, it is just a Mazda.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I virtually always reverse park partly because overall it is the easiest and safest way to park (no reversing out without seeing what is coming) and at the golf club I need to access the 12v socket at least once a week to pump up the buggy tyres.
I have a 12 volt socket in the boot ;). Not that my trolley needs to be pumped up. I know what you mean, in most circumstances I would also reverse into a parking slot. At the club though the angled parking does seem to work.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Buy yourself a battery powered compressor for the Tyres they are amazing

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Folk on a Mazda Facebook group I am a member of that keep fawning over their new car and posting pictures of it in various places. Also, it is a car not a she, they are lumps of metal and plastic that will be recycled in around 20 years. Get over yourselves, it is just a Mazda.
No, it’s a Mazdarati and when waxed and very shiny is a thing of beauty;)
Mine is anyway:)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 12 volt socket in the boot ;). Not that my trolley needs to be pumped up. I know what you mean, in most circumstances I would also reverse into a parking slot. At the club though the angled parking does seem to work.

One of the things that annoyed me was that I bought nearly the same car car as last time - the older model had a socket in the boot the new one did not.