Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Those idiotic, brainless, selfish, me me me me me, dangerous sods who hide behind the Insulate Britain banner and continue to block the M25 causing people to miss a kidney dialysis appointment, a chemotherapy appointment and one person to have a stroke after a six hour traffic jam which has left her paralysed.
I hope they all ******* ***.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The council had all of summer and lockdown... but NO...

they decided that the best time to resurface the road is the week the schools restart. They have ripped out and are resurfacing a road - which has 2 schools on it. WTF. Someone has a very twisted sense of humor..

I've always understood that no resurfacing takes place in summer due to the heat unless totally essential as the tarmac does not set and just gets lifted by car tyres.

Ps what a good way to make people walk their kids to school.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it not the case now that in some cars with the lane detection thingy, don't know what it's called, you have to signal or the car will fight you if you try to cross back over the line, I know my mates top of range xc60 does this, I could be talking complete bollocks of course !

The one time I have I have had a car with this was a loan car from the garage and the previous driver had left it on . Scared the life out of me as I tried to overtake a on dual carriage way and get back to the inside lane and the get to the outside lane on the DC to turn right at a roundabout. I had no idea that the indicators turned it off and with no other cars on the section of road there was no need to indicate.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Isn't it an offence to leave a vehicle unattended with the engine running?
He shouldn't be so stupid

Ok, so he wasn't being as aware as he should have been, but here we are with some saying , almost , that the fault as his.
No, the fault was with the low life who completely shattered a man doing an honest day's work, and probably under such conditions that he does it "at speed" thereby the security shortcuts.
If it were seriously suggested that the low life had their fresh air supply permanently cut off, then there would be cries of barbarism etc.

Well, I'm with sorting out the low life .... and not coming down on a hardworking victim.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've never understood why motorway driving isn't part of the test.

as per Imurg, the nearest motorway to our town is 30 miles away. Once you have got on to it it would be another 40 miles of driving to get to the next exit off and back again. so that is 100 miles of driving. Hardly practical.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ok, so he wasn't being as aware as he should have been, but here we are with some saying , almost , that the fault as his.
No, the fault was with the low life who completely shattered a man doing an honest day's work, and probably under such conditions that he does it "at speed" thereby the security shortcuts.
If it were seriously suggested that the low life had their fresh air supply permanently cut off, then there would be cries of barbarism etc.

Well, I'm with sorting out the low life .... and not coming down on a hardworking victim.
I get what you're saying but if you don't give the opportunity it can't be taken.
DPD don't leave engines running because the back door of the van is locked every time and the key is on the ignition key fob.
So they have to turn the engine off to open the door - zero opportunity to nick the van and contents.
The other day I left something at home..parked up outside, engine off, door locked, into the house, back in the car inside 30 seconds....no opportunity to nick the car.
Yes, the scum that took the van are the villains and should be dealt with but people need to take responsibility for their possessions or things in their possession.
It will be interesting to see if the insurance company pays out..as the engine was running I highly doubt it.
Doesn't seem worth it to save a couple of seconds....

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But aren't you reversing your car up to another? Or a hedge or fence? And how do you squeeze your trolley and bag through the gap between parked cars?

In my experience, the dimensions of most car park spaces seem to cater for small cars. Everywhere I seem to park my car (especially the golf club), the car park is full of massive range rovers.

One of the best things we did at our club in recent years was to widen the car parking spaces to allow room for players with clubs to get between two cards. Still amazing though how often you see drivers take up two spaces.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The BOSS got me a new one for upstairs to watch the sports and my own progs,....liked it so much that came home from golf one day to find it set up downstairs ( her lair )...with her tv somehow making the journey upstairs......I've been told to like it or lump it ( no choice-it's her house:whistle:)
I'm the king of the castle when the Queen isn't there :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sunday I passed a car in the car park engine running no adult in in the front or any where near it with two kids in cars seats sat in the back.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Anybody who has a van or anything to do with them knows they are common targets for their contents and the van itself.
He May well be hardworking, but to leave his van unattended with the engine running like that is reckless, and his insurance won’t pay out. I drive a van, and am in an out of the drivers seat very often. I never leave the van unlocked when Im not in it. I also never leave my car unlocked and unattended or my front door to the house wide open when not home.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always understood that no resurfacing takes place in summer due to the heat unless totally essential as the tarmac does not set and just gets lifted by car tyres.

Ps what a good way to make people walk their kids to school.

That is odd... Tarmac has been laid in tropical countries for decades. it seems to withstand 30+ degree while being laid. I am assuming that we are using a different mix that may not set at that temp. Given climate change (and increasingly hitting 30 degree every year), we should reconsider our road strategy.

Re walking to school.. one of them is ok, you can walk to. For the other one, you cant. It leads to another road which does not have a footpath. So you will need to walk the last 500m on a busy road.. hey ho..

D

Deleted member 1740

DPD.

Ordered 3 lots of stuff online and all 3 parcels are out for delivery with 2 different divers and the drop off times are 4hrs apart ☹☹

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
DPD.

Ordered 3 lots of stuff online and all 3 parcels are out for delivery with 2 different divers and the drop off times are 4hrs apart ☹☹

We have a regular delivery of two big bags of dog food every 9 weeks with pets at home. They too have been coming on separate vans on the same day! Madness.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is odd... Tarmac has been laid in tropical countries for decades. it seems to withstand 30+ degree while being laid. I am assuming that we are using a different mix that may not set at that temp. Given climate change (and increasingly hitting 30 degree every year), we should reconsider our road strategy.

Re walking to school.. one of them is ok, you can walk to. For the other one, you cant. It leads to another road which does not have a footpath. So you will need to walk the last 500m on a busy road.. hey ho..

We get this on railways with heat and cold, our country suffers from extreme weather both ways so is harder to set for just one . If we were cold or boiling all year round it would be so much simpler

sunshine

Visit site
One of the best things we did at our club in recent years was to widen the car parking spaces to allow room for players with clubs to get between two cards. Still amazing though how often you see drivers take up two spaces.

Desperately needed at my club. Middle aged golfers with their massive cars, it's like they're trying to compensate for something? ;)

Although I once turned up on a Tuesday (ladies day). There were no spaces in the car park, almost every car parked haphazardly across two spaces.:eek:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
DPD.

The opposite from me!! The wife placed an order on ASOS, they had a really good sale on. so I had a mooch and made my own order (Using her account) so they got 2 orders on the same day, they packed them both in the same box! finally a company using some brains! (both were free delivery)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Put your foot down man and let her know that you're the boss. (y)

But make sure you let us know how that works out for you.
SHE told me that the rent on HER garden shed wasn't too bad and that I could work it off with weeding, edging, cutting grass, washing shower doors, windows, make my own food etc., etc.,
oh yeah, nearly forgot,-drive HER around in HER car, you know- shopping and things....apart from all that, life is great (y)
Yup, definitely master of all I survey ( in the bathroom mirror...that is:eek:)
Now, roll on the Ryder Cup:giggle:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
SHE told me that the rent on HER garden shed wasn't too bad and that I could work it off with weeding, edging, cutting grass, washing shower doors, windows, make my own food etc., etc.,
oh yeah, nearly forgot,-drive HER around in HER car, you know- shopping and things....apart from all that, life is great (y)
Yup, definitely master of all I survey ( in the bathroom mirror...that is:eek:)
Now, roll on the Ryder Cup:giggle:
Don't worry.. we'll post updates on here:ROFLMAO:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bloody car had my Peugeot 2008 at 2 garages to try and fix red engine warning light both done diagnostic tests and couldn’t get to the bottom of the problem.

Car ran ok for a few days then today the fault light has come on again and now the bloody thing won’t start ?