Random Irritations

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your lucky mine is pushing for something smaller .. well we have a 36” but the bezel makes it 43”. … I saw a Hisense when we were on holiday, checked it out at JL and it was quite cheap and 50” .. but then the 50” TVs feel like a bargain compared to the 40-43” TVs

JL or richer sounds should b your first ports of call as you get the 5/6 year warranty.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
In JL looking at TVs but they all are showing the recorded images … which look fabulous but then a direct feed makes them look appalling.. how do I choose ?????

Our LG is 5.5 years old. Looks like new, as in 1/2” bezel and 4K. It’s got all the (Smart) features of the brand new version and will certainly last a good while, hopefully.

Whatever you buy now will be better, so stop fretting and just buy one.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our LG is 5.5 years old. Looks like new, as in 1/2” bezel and 4K. It’s got all the (Smart) features of the brand new version and will certainly last a good while, hopefully.

Whatever you buy now will be better, so stop fretting and just buy one.
Yup just looked on richer sounds and they have a nice hisense at £379 +6yrs warranty and 43” so looks good

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The push button ignition on our oven died a few weeks back..not that big a deal we can still light it with a flame lighter, it works...get someone out sometime..
Last evening the main oven wouldn't light.
The Roast was already going strong in the top oven but the bottom one just didn't want to play..had to cram stuff in the top to get dinner done...
PITA...

Before I call someone this morning I thought I'd try it again, just to see...

Bloody thing lit first time...mocking me....I hate it...I'm going to take an axe to it...:mad::mad::mad:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The push button ignition on our oven died a few weeks back..not that big a deal we can still light it with a flame lighter, it works...get someone out sometime..
Last evening the main oven wouldn't light.
The Roast was already going strong in the top oven but the bottom one just didn't want to play..had to cram stuff in the top to get dinner done...
PITA...

Before I call someone this morning I thought I'd try it again, just to see...

Bloody thing lit first time...mocking me....I hate it...I'm going to take an axe to it...:mad::mad::mad:

Just leave the one in your garage out of this ??

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kay Burley.
What an objectionable interviewer. She continually interrupts, over talks and give the interviewee inadequate time. Referring to ” my viewers“ Listened to her with Gavin Williamson this morning on Sky. Appalling technique and no idea whether she is trying to be a Morgan/Paxman but fails.

Why Sky persevere with her I fail to understand

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kay Burley.
What an objectionable interviewer. She continually interrupts, over talks and give the interviewee inadequate time. Referring to ” my viewers“ Listened to her with Gavin Williamson this morning on Sky. Appalling technique and no idea whether she is trying to be a Morgan/Paxman but fails.

They're all the same these days, just plain rude.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
They're all the same these days, just plain rude.

Similar types work for customer services.
If someone phones customer services, the chances are it's to complain about something so they are already unhappy.
The chances are they have been on hold for at least 20 mins which won't improve their mood.
And when they finally get through, the person interrupts them, not a good move.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And they keep coming...
New phone coming. Royal mail email me and say it'll be delivered Wednesday
I'm not about on Wednesday so I arrange for it to be delivered to the post office in the local shop.
It'll be delivered Wednesday they say
Great, I can pick it up on my way home or on Thursday.
Email today...your parcel has been delivered to your nominated place and is ready for collection....I was in today, if it was coming today I wouldn't have needed to change delivery
Not that big a deal until I wander up to the shop and queue for 20 minutes behind a guy who has, and I kid you not, 73 items to post that all need individual postage as they all weigh slightly different amounts..
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzus H Christ I nearly lost the will to live...
20 minutes queuing and my turn took 35 seconds.....if only id been a minute earlier.....:mad: