Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Actually the Metro is owned by DMG Media which also owns the Mail and other titles including the I and New Scientist.

Each publication has its own editorial policy.

The metro litterally lifts articles from the mail, they are the watered down mail given away for free to influence peoples opinions ..

Clever marketing

"Metro is owned by Daily Mail and General Trust plc (DMGT), part of the same media group as the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, but in some areas Metro operates as a franchise with a local newspaper publisher, rather than as a wholly owned concern. While being a sister paper to the conservative Daily Mail, the newspaper has never endorsed any political party or candidate, and claims to take a neutral political stance in its reporting"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
May be just me but would you not assume that someone who continues to wear a mask in a shop may well also still want some level of social distancing. Try telling that to the person who insisisted on standing 6 inches away from me in my mask, socially distanced from the person in front in the queue today

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
May be just me but would you not assume that someone who continues to wear a mask in a shop may well also still want some level of social distancing. Try telling that to the person who insisisted on standing 6 inches away from me in my mask, socially distanced from the person in front in the queue today

Most of the irritations could be filed under one phrase

People are infractions

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Did you tell them to move?

D

Deleted member 18588

The metro litterally lifts articles from the mail, they are the watered down mail given away for free to influence peoples opinions ..

Clever marketing

"Metro is owned by Daily Mail and General Trust plc (DMGT), part of the same media group as the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, but in some areas Metro operates as a franchise with a local newspaper publisher, rather than as a wholly owned concern. While being a sister paper to the conservative Daily Mail, the newspaper has never endorsed any political party or candidate, and claims to take a neutral political stance in its reporting"
The fact is that your dig at the OP for referencing the Mail rather falls short due to him also referencing several other non-DMG sources.

Plus it is his "Random Irritation" and it is not the place of anyone else to criticise him for being so irritated.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The fact is that your dig at the OP for referencing the Mail rather falls short due to him also referencing several other non-DMG sources.

Plus it is his "Random Irritation" and it is not the place of anyone else to criticise him for being so irritated.

Never criticised? Just said that the mail and metro are the same which is an expansion on his original post ...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Websites that put a slant on a headline to sensationalise. Today 'brits in france without 2 jabs face ban from pubs and cafes'. Implication is that hte fact that they are Biritish has some impact on this requirement when it is, in fact, the whole of France but accurately headlining the position for everyone in France, including all French nationals. does not have the same impact and ability to infuriate certain elements of the population.

France has really got its own problems re the anti-vaxers but just like the anti- lockdown protests in France and in the U.K. it is suppressed by the MSM….

https://apnews.com/article/europe-h...rus-pandemic-8dede38ce23c3044ec09fb29020fed98

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/24/tens-of-thousands-protest-against-health-pass-in-france

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In JL looking at TVs but they all are showing the recorded images … which look fabulous but then a direct feed makes them look appalling.. how do I choose ?????

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I now stand in the queue with my trolley behind me. That way I can choose the distance I am from the person in front but the person behind can't get closer than the back of my trolley.

Miller

Visit site
In JL looking at TVs but they all are showing the recorded images … which look fabulous but then a direct feed makes them look appalling.. how do I choose ?????

It doesn't really matter. Choose one with the features/technology you need at the price you can afford. The internet is full of people who analyse and whinge about detail to the n-th degree. Read a few reviews from an established source and take a stab at whatever you fancy. It doesn't matter what you choose, there's always going to be someone with a tale of woe or how it's the worst TV in the history of TVs. If it's fine for you, it'll be fine for the next few years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It doesn't really matter. Choose one with the features/technology you need at the price you can afford. The internet is full of people who analyse and whinge about detail to the n-th degree. Read a few reviews from an established source and take a stab at whatever you fancy. It doesn't matter what you choose, there's always going to be someone with a tale of woe or how it's the worst TV in the history of TVs. If it's fine for you, it'll be fine for the next few years.
Yeah, I think our only criteria has been size. Each TV we buy must be bigger than the previous one. :confused:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah, I think our only criteria has been size. Each TV we buy must be bigger than the previous one. :confused:
I thought that way until my most recent TV. It’s not bad but I rushed buying a 4K TV to get the most out of my Xbox One X last year and the quality just isn’t what I’d like at times. The contrast just isn’t up to scratch. It’s still a very good tv but I’d have done more research if I had the chance again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that way until my most recent TV. It’s not bad but I rushed buying a 4K TV to get the most out of my Xbox One X last year and the quality just isn’t what I’d like at times. The contrast just isn’t up to scratch. It’s still a very good tv but I’d have done more research if I had the chance again.
We do most of our shopping at Costco, and every time we walk in there the first thing we're greeted with is 74 inch 4k TVs. :cool: I'm sure one day the missus will convince me we need one.

Miller

Visit site

I've been happy with my OLED LG. It's about 3 generations old now, but I'm still happy with it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We do most of our shopping at Costco, and every time we walk in there the first thing we're greeted with is 74 inch 4k TVs. :cool: I'm sure one day the missus will convince me we need one.
Your lucky mine is pushing for something smaller .. well we have a 36” but the bezel makes it 43”. … I saw a Hisense when we were on holiday, checked it out at JL and it was quite cheap and 50” .. but then the 50” TVs feel like a bargain compared to the 40-43” TVs