Random Irritations

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Seeing an administrator job in the NHS that I applied for and didn't get, being re-advertised with the proviso that ONLY NHS STAFF CAN APPLY.

I could put in why this is happening, IMO, but I'm sick of getting abuse. The country has allowed this to happen so the NHS can continue to waste money on advertising jobs and interviewing for staff then selecting the wrong candidates.

No wonder people don't bother turning up for interviews. Sorry Homer. Get out of there before it wrecks your own health.
You don’t understand what you’re talking about.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seeing an administrator job in the NHS that I applied for and didn't get, being re-advertised with the proviso that ONLY NHS STAFF CAN APPLY.

I could put in why this is happening, IMO, but I'm sick of getting abuse. The country has allowed this to happen so the NHS can continue to waste money on advertising jobs and interviewing for staff then selecting the wrong candidates.

No wonder people don't bother turning up for interviews. Sorry Homer. Get out of there before it wrecks your own health.

Pretty sure we had selected based on previous history in the application form and against the JD. Even if we hadn't there no need to appoint if neither had fitted the bill at interview and we could have gone back to advert if required. It is more the annoyance at getting a panel together (with difficulty as the role was across two trusts) and not a sign of an apology or contact (even with the recruitment department). Given the current climate and the number of people looking for positions its just frustrating

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don’t understand what you’re talking about.

I maybe speak with forked tongue, maybe because I'm being a little touchy. But I don't understand how a job THE SAME ONE !!!!!! can be advertised, well, at least four times in the last six months. The first time I got close, interview and everything. Turned on the charm..showed her me belly, tatooos on me arm, sorry ...er where was I. anyhoo, didn't get the job, then it is advertised again and again. What a waste of public, MY, money.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I maybe speak with forked tongue, maybe because I'm being a little touchy. But I don't understand how a job THE SAME ONE !!!!!! can be advertised, well, at least four times in the last six months. The first time I got close, interview and everything. Turned on the charm..showed her me belly, tatooos on me arm, sorry ...er where was I. anyhoo, didn't get the job, then it is advertised again and again. What a waste of public, MY, money.

It depends where it is being advertised. Most NHS positions go up on NHS jobs and so there isn't a specific cost or via trust external websites. It is only when adverts start appearing in press (local or national) and in specific magazines (usually for more specific roles) that there is a cost and if they are being repeated in those (with a not insignificant cost per week/month to run) then I'd agree. If you got to interview and weren't successful and they appointed someone else on the day, that person may not have accepted the offer, changed their minds or even not got through the pre-employment checks. They should then have had a preferred second choice. However to keep advertising and not appointing does smack of the panel being too specific in what/who they are looking for

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Post Office customer service.

After spending over half an hour waiting in the queue, I finally got through.
Can I help you? were the first words out of his mouth.
No apology for the long wait.
I let it go this time but while I tried to explain my query he kept interrupting.

He got both barrels :mad:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Not as much of a waste as appointing an unsuitable person to the post. If there isn't a suitable candidate then keep advertising until there is.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting a phone call earlier this evening to say that my dad has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 78. It wasn't a total shock as his financial/mathematical understanding has been declining over the past couple of years and this diagnosis helps explain why.

The irritation is more that even though this wasn't entirely unexpected I have resorted to my usual response when hearing bad news and have "hit the bottle". I'm about two drinks away from the bottom of the bottle of brandy I bought earlier so would like to apologise now for any inappropriate replies I make this evening that the Mods, or anyone else, think break the rules.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting a phone call earlier this evening to say that my dad has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the age of 78. It wasn't a total shock as his financial/mathematical understanding has been declining over the past couple of years and this diagnosis helps explain why.

The irritation is more that even though this wasn't entirely unexpected I have resorted to my usual response when hearing bad news and have "hit the bottle". I'm about two drinks away from the bottom of the bottle of brandy I bought earlier so would like to apologise now for any inappropriate replies I make this evening that the Mods, or anyone else, think break the rules.
May be worth a scoot through this thread https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/dementia-awareness.99100/ . Feel free to vent on it, recite stories etc. It may be cathartic for you.

I can't recommend enough going on a Dementia Friends Awareness course. It takes around an hour but will totally open up your mind to how your dad will be seeing the world now and how he will be seeing it in future. My wife and I found it hugely helpful.

Whatever you say about expecting this, it is your dad and you are bound to be having a level of shock. Don't beat yourself up about your reaction.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Constant misuse of the "word" or phrase staycation

It does not mean going on holiday to Cornwall just because abroad is out the question

It means staying at home and doing things in day trip format that don't require overnight stay

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taxi drivers and post men that park their vehicle in the most stupid of places.

Yep, had to have a word with the postie yesterday after he parked at the bottom of the hill our street sits on, just happens to be a fairly blind junction and to add intelligence, he parked behind a massive hedge that makes the junction fairly blind.

When I asked him if he thought it was a good place to park, he looked at the van, at the junction, the hedge and then finally at me and said "why would it not be?"

Man alive these people are walking amongst us!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been a bad week for 'irritations'... Started off with having to agree [which has become way too frequent in recent times] with the total tool PiersM… Then, yesterday, found myself nodding in agreement with the Stars headline... Bad times indeed :(...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
people who set up appointments then forget about them and arrange other things, even though its them that wanted to talk about something in the first place:rolleyes:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
People driving very small cars, who hog the road, forcing me to scratch the paint on my car on a hedge, when there was plenty of room for two cars if they just drove a bit nearer to the curb on their side.
Similar people, who park their smaller cars in the largest, most easily accessible spaces at the flat, forcing those who drive the bigger cars to park in the least appropriate spaces (they are not disabled, OAPs, expectant Mums to be, loaded with kids, or any other excuse the bleeding heart liberals will come up with, they are just mentally challenged thoughtless idiots).
I am sure these idiots will be cursing when they struggle to get out of their massive parking space, because they are boxed in a bit by those who now have no choice but to park where we can, in spaces less suited to our vehicles.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People driving very small cars, who hog the road, forcing me to scratch the paint on my car on a hedge, when there was plenty of room for two cars if they just drove a bit nearer to the curb on their side.
Similar people, who park their smaller cars in the largest, most easily accessible spaces at the flat, forcing those who drive the bigger cars to park in the least appropriate spaces (they are not disabled, OAPs, expectant Mums to be, loaded with kids, or any other excuse the bleeding heart liberals will come up with, they are just mentally challenged thoughtless idiots).
I am sure these idiots will be cursing when they struggle to get out of their massive parking space, because they are boxed in a bit by those who now have no choice but to park where we can, in spaces less suited to our vehicles.

if you cant beat em join em Murph, get a smaller car and cause chaos ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Been to Norfolk for 5 days, driven past many a golf club, but Mrs D looked very disapprovingly when I mentioned that there was room for the clubs in the motor for them prior to the drive up - she's a hard woman is Mrs D ??

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Noddy car drivers are a constant irritation...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
if you cant beat em join em Murph, get a smaller car and cause chaos ;)

Nah, I will stick with my tank. It causes enough issues.

I have my Z4 so I can part time driving a small car. I just need to learn how to be really inconsiderate in it. It should be easy, it's a BMW after all.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A certain companies delivery time

I ordered my dogs food and some meds 1st sept. Still not here

"Covid" being blamed ofc

Funny managed to get his food delivered next day off Amazon (smaller bag to see us through hopefully until it arrives and more costly)

Ordered it with more than enough time before we run out .. it's suppose to be here within 5 days we are now on 8 working days

Wouldn't be an issue if he could have normal food but he has to have this food to keep him alive