Random Irritations

U

User62651

My car key fob works remotely but only 75% of the time, other 25% I stand there at a distance pressing and then cursing as I have go back to the vehicle and physically insert key in lock and turn. Checked fob battery and the spare key fob battery, both do it so it must be in the car.
Like me it is showing it's age.

The little things!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
My car key fob works remotely but only 75% of the time, other 25% I stand there at a distance pressing and then cursing as I have go back to the vehicle and physically insert key in lock and turn. Checked fob battery and the spare key fob battery, both do it so it must be in the car.

The little things!

I know your pain. I have the same issue with the remote for the entry gate. Especially irritating with the custodian isn't on duty and I have to go & unlock it manually :(

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have found the same with the gents mid week stableford / medal. Greens staff are out working, greens tined, dressed, etc. It in no way compares to a weekend comp.

Our Senior Men get little respect but the once a month midweek stableford (open to all) is always a quiet day on the course for the greenkeepers.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The little things!
Check the car battery ... this is also a sign of low charge.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sir Alan Sugar suggesting everyone goes back to work in their offices... when was the last time he mixed with the general public on his journey to work? it Seems his key motivator is to wonder through his office and look at all the people he owns and their respect for him ? Covid 19 has proven large capacity offices and constant commuting is not required ... time the business dinosaurs shut up and have their tax returns investigated

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty new battery, <1 yr.
I assume then car catches first time ? Just as note, battery’s that were deployed 10 yrs ago weren’t as good as today. I have updated mine as the OEM chose the battery size for weight and package ... capability seemed to be 3rd on the list. I took advantage of the new batteries capability to deliver a higher current flow, and maintained the physical size.

D

Deleted member 16999

Dog owners who assume that everyone likes dogs, and especially those who have theirs off a lead but have no control whatsoever over their pet when it pesters other people.
Totally agree.

U

User62651

I assume then car catches first time ? Just as note, battery’s that were deployed 10 yrs ago weren’t as good as today. I have updated mine as the OEM chose the battery size for weight and package ... capability seemed to be 3rd on the list. I took advantage of the new batteries capability to deliver a higher current flow, and maintained the physical size.

Yes car fires first turn. Remote lock used to work 100%, I assumed it was fob battery initially but that didn't cure it. Electrics are often the thing that suffer first as a car ages. NO matter I'm old enough to remember having to lock each door individually, like getting up to change the tv channel, didn't seem to be a problem back then, we just get spoiled.

U

User62651

Sir Alan Sugar suggesting everyone goes back to work in their offices... when was the last time he mixed with the general public on his journey to work? it Seems his key motivator is to wonder through his office and look at all the people he owns and their respect for him ? Covid 19 has proven large capacity offices and constant commuting is not required ... time the business dinosaurs shut up and have their tax returns investigated

I agree, he seems to be a covid denier from the safety of his private helicopter. Andrew LLoyd Webber is another - 'my theatre air is safer than outside' :rolleyes:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree, he seems to be a covid denier from the safety of his private helicopter. Andrew LLoyd Webber is another - 'my theatre air is safer than outside' :rolleyes:
Ah Lloyd Webber ... Must be running out of coins .. notice how he doesn’t really support budding actors/actresses..

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing an administrator job in the NHS that I applied for and didn't get, being re-advertised with the proviso that ONLY NHS STAFF CAN APPLY.

I could put in why this is happening, IMO, but I'm sick of getting abuse. The country has allowed this to happen so the NHS can continue to waste money on advertising jobs and interviewing for staff then selecting the wrong candidates.

No wonder people don't bother turning up for interviews. Sorry Homer. Get out of there before it wrecks your own health.