Random Irritations

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The common phrase, "Celebrity X battling anxiety and depression". Recent one is Elise Christie.

You can't have anxiety and depression at the same time! It's one or the other, if you really mean depression and really mean anxiety. Certainly you can feel sad and down when you have anxiety disorder, but that is not depression (noting that clinical depression is different).

Terminology labelling is the problem here.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plus people who eat with their mouth open, and/or talk with their mouths full.

Don't come to Poland, they all seem to do it here! I've nearly trained the missus but I have to look away when my sister-in-law eats!
Referred to it before but there's a girl at work now who cuts her food correctly, fork left knife right, and literally does everything up to actually putting the food in her mouth correctly then at the last second drops the knife swaps fork to right hand. Why are you making hard work of this??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cup final tomorrow and my ankle is still a bit sore from last week. I'm sure it will be fine but it's mildly annoying.
Ankle problem is my irritation as well today. :cautious: We've not had a league game for ages because they tend to get spread out at the end of a season, finally got one this weekend but my ankle is well dodgy from Wednesday training. Support bandage and ibuprofen at the ready.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ankle problem is my irritation as well today. :cautious: We've need a league game for ages because they tend to get spread out at the end of a season, finally got one this weekend but my ankle is well dodgy from Wednesday training. Support bandage and ibuprofen at the ready.

Same plan as me oh and try not to let the manager see the strapping 😂

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Youngest son has a Cup Final for U9s tomorrow at 11am. Eldest has a tournament 11:30-2:30, with me as manager, in a different location. Also have three tickets for Watford v Wolves at 3pm, another cracking match with 7th place on the line.

I want to do all three. Can't. Can only do 11:30-2:30, so other two have to go. Gutted about missing my son's U9 final the most though :(

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Recently they've done a good job of cleaning it up. Last night was like walking through a bird cack mine field though.

The course itself is in much better nick at the minute. Lost a fair few members though.

It was struggling for members around the time I left. The ownership didn't care about members and stripped back competitions, the Rabbits team lacked support etc. It was a friendly club in terms of the members, but there just wasn't enough people playing at a high standard due to the nature of the club - nine holes, with four par 3s doesn't appeal to better players. It suited me because I was just starting out and then I stuck with it out of loyalty and I had good friends at the club.

Who's the captain this year?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was struggling for members around the time I left. The ownership didn't care about members and stripped back competitions, the Rabbits team lacked support etc. It was a friendly club in terms of the members, but there just wasn't enough people playing at a high standard due to the nature of the club - nine holes, with four par 3s doesn't appeal to better players. It suited me because I was just starting out and then I stuck with it out of loyalty and I had good friends at the club.

Who's the captain this year?
Similar to now to be honest. They have American Golf as the clubshop now though. Me and my playing partners keep our membership as it's on our doorstep, membership is £370, new chew getting a tee time and 9 holes after work is ideal.
Loads of choice locally if we fancy tackling a decent course. Always said though there is plenty of land over the way. If they chose to extend it could be a decent standard course.

Gary Warrior is captain this year.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Similar to now to be honest. They have American Golf as the clubshop now though. Me and my playing partners keep our membership as it's on our doorstep, membership is £370, new chew getting a tee time and 9 holes after work is ideal.
Loads of choice locally if we fancy tackling a decent course. Always said though there is plenty of land over the way. If they chose to extend it could be a decent standard course.

Gary Warrior is captain this year.

The talk of extending has been there forever but they never moved on it. Is the pin position on the second still almost always insanely difficult for every competition? :D

I remember the name Gary Warrior, must've been a member when I was still playing the odd round there.

Wolf

Visit site
Having just been given a date for Op to remove the offending bone in my right foot, that bits fine as it will solve to daily pain I'm in..

The irritation is that it puts me out of playing for at least 4 weeks it's 5 days before the Old farts meet up so I can no longer play in that, puts me out of 2 major club comps, if doesn't heal in that time potentially puts me out of club championship, means being on crutches for my stag do in Germany and will mean being in pain on my wedding day 😠

D

Deleted Member 1156

The first person to reply in a thread quoting the entire first post. Thanks but I'm quite capable of reading it for myself.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
having my first session of group counselling (not an irritation) but the parking nearby is for a maximum of 1 hour and my counselling is for 2 hours. the nearest space with no restrictions was about a mile away.