Random Irritations

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Experienced at first hand today the abuse you get from players, parents and coaches as a referee. I had to step in as we couldn’t get a ref for our crunch match. The language. Being called biased. Being called at cheat. Incessantly. Most of the time by their players.?

This is U13 level. ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Experienced at first hand today the abuse you get from players, parents and coaches as a referee. I had to step in as we couldn’t get a ref for our crunch match. The language. Being called biased. Being called at cheat. Incessantly. Most of the time by their players.?

This is U13 level. ??
Most refs will send you off if you call them a cheat to their face. Hope you brandished the cards. (y) Might've made it worse though..

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
A couple at the gym who didn't wipe down any equipment they used:mad: I reported them and will do so again if I see others not doing it either.

I've been amazed how many are cleaning down everything they use. One guy I noticed wasn't on a couple of sessions so was ready to report him and next time he seemed to have finally got to grips with the fact he had to do what everyone else was doing.

I went today and won't do a weekend again. Bit too many in there for my liking. No problem with social distancing but felt more at risk than in the week when there's usually 4 or 5 of us tops.

On another note a guy said "wow you've got strong shoulders - that's some weight you're lifting" - chuffed!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been amazed how many are cleaning down everything they use. One guy I noticed wasn't on a couple of sessions so was ready to report him and next time he seemed to have finally got to grips with the fact he had to do what everyone else was doing.

I went today and won't do a weekend again. Bit too many in there for my liking. No problem with social distancing but felt more at risk than in the week when there's usually 4 or 5 of us tops.

On another note a guy said "wow you've got strong shoulders - that's some weight you're lifting" - chuffed!!

Feeling the same when it was s busy. Gym are doing great, have to book a time even if from the car park when you are going in, must use track and trace login, handwash as soon as you enter, minimal use if changing rooms and only 2 in at a time, detailed cleaning log and everyone wiping down so all procedures in place. Still nervy if there are too many in there so have learned the busy days and avoid.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This is U13 level. ??

I used to do it when I was in my early twenties

Parents are the worst

Got told to f off ref by a 12 year old

U14 level I had one lad shout out we can wait for him in the car park after I booked him for an awful tackle

Even the ladies football wasn't too great did one game as a mate.. but think that was the area rather than the fact they were ladies ... Bit rough

Gave it up after 2 years ..

Used to put my availability down and they would call me to do games when I said I wasn't free

Just a massive pain for £20 a game

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Feeling the same when it was s busy. Gym are doing great, have to book a time even if from the car park when you are going in, must use track and trace login, handwash as soon as you enter, minimal use if changing rooms and only 2 in at a time, detailed cleaning log and everyone wiping down so all procedures in place. Still nervy if there are too many in there so have learned the busy days and avoid.

We've to pre book with a maximum of 35 for both of the gyms I use. Haven't tried the other smaller gym attached to the pool so can't comment on that one. Locker rooms are off limits but the loos which you get to first are obviously in use. One gym has equipment spread over two rooms and the other one has it spread over three rooms. Have yet to venture into the free weights area but that's because it was too busy with weightlifting men for me to get in that section when I went. I've only been back at the gym for a week. Wanted to see how it was going first.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've to pre book with a maximum of 35 for both of the gyms I use. Haven't tried the other smaller gym attached to the pool so can't comment on that one. Locker rooms are off limits but the loos which you get to first are obviously in use. One gym has equipment spread over two rooms and the other one has it spread over three rooms. Have yet to venture into the free weights area but that's because it was too busy with weightlifting men for me to get in that section when I went. I've only been back at the gym for a week. Wanted to see how it was going first.

Sounds a much bigger place than where I go. Never more than about 15 people there at a time.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
people who let their dogs run up to yours even though yours has a red warning badge and on a lead.... "but mines friendly" they say without for one min considering the other dog may not be.

We get "but he's a Labrador". We have a bright yellow bandana on Barley saying he needs his space! Think I might get one too :) To be fair most of the dogs we meet on our walks are known to us and they ignore him and vice versa. Still always put on a lead though just in case.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We get "but he's a Labrador". We have a bright yellow bandana on Barley saying he needs his space! Think I might get one too :) To be fair most of the dogs we meet on our walks are known to us and they ignore him and vice versa. Still always put on a lead though just in case.
its mostly carpet rats that run up to him and all he's thinking is Snack. one woman yesterday even moaned he wasn't ynder control, depite that fact he was on a lead pulled right in , her's didn't even have a collar on:rolleyes:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Random irritation doesnt come close currently!!! Seething!!!!!

Out for the day, come home 10 hours later. The dog sitter, whos supposed to have visited 3 times, appears to have only come once at lunchtime for 20 minutes. That in itself wouldnt be as bad if she hadnt left the back door wide open when she went!!!!

Get home to a freezing house, puddles in my office where its been raining through the doors and a nervous dog whos been left alone far longer than she was supposed to have been!!!! Thankfully thats all, no ones been in and helped themselves to our stuff or more importantly the dog!!!!

Edit: OK biscuit time, she claims the door was left open less than 2 hrs (doesnt realise the driveway has cameras so I know it was more than double that) and charged us £15 for the 20 minute visit!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Random irritation doesnt come close currently!!! Seething!!!!!

Out for the day, come home 10 hours later. The dog sitter, whos supposed to have visited 3 times, appears to have only come once at lunchtime for 20 minutes. That in itself wouldnt be as bad if she hadnt left the back door wide open when she went!!!!

Get home to a freezing house, puddles in my office where its been raining through the doors and a nervous dog whos been left alone far longer than she was supposed to have been!!!! Thankfully thats all, no ones been in and helped themselves to our stuff or more importantly the dog!!!!

Edit: OK biscuit time, she claims the door was left open less than 2 hrs (doesnt realise the driveway has cameras so I know it was more than double that) and charged us £15 for the 20 minute visit!

Hopefully you can leave her a suitable rating somewhere. Never mind the house security issue - your poor pup...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
people who let their dogs run up to yours even though yours has a red warning badge and on a lead.... "but mines friendly" they say without for one min considering the other dog may not be.

This is something I’m always wary of, I have Ted off the lead most of the time but I’m always looking into the distance to see if someone is approaching with a dog on a lead, if I see one I clip him on. Mind you not all encounters that happen between dogs off leash are good but it doesn’t bother me. He has to learn that not every pooch is good natured.