Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Definitely not. Thirteen years ago when I first attempted driving lessons, people would say driving automatic limits you too much, due to the cars being more expensive and rarer, insurance higher (which might still be true but probably not as bad). I don't think it's an issue these days, loads more automatic cars on the road, and I'm sure that's only going to increase further. As I say, electric cars and hybrids are largely going to be automatic.

I have a full licence as does my wife. We both drive autos

Now days it's really a none issue

Only time it would come up if you hire a car and they only had manual but I'm sure this day and age you can get an auto

If your going to be driving an automatic car anyways sod it.

So many people can't let manual go see it as not really driving

But in modern life especially where you are in Watford was it? You won't like manual

I commute from hornchurch to Highgate and I never want to drive manual on the north circular

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a full licence as does my wife. We both drive autos

Now days it's really a none issue

Only time it would come up if you hire a car and they only had manual but I'm sure this day and age you can get an auto

If your going to be driving an automatic car anyways sod it.

So many people can't let manual go see it as not really driving

But in modern life especially where you are in Watford was it? You won't like manual

I commute from hornchurch to Highgate and I never want to drive manual on the north circular
Same as the people who resent chippers, hybrids and modern drivers for making golf too easy. I go for whatever works. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same as the people who resent chippers, hybrids and modern drivers for making golf too easy. I go for whatever works. :LOL:

Some people are just set in their ways .. always will be. Don't see change as a good thing

I'd never buy a manual car again. I drive manual if I need. Like had a hire car other day and didn't mention I drive auto so got manual. Wasn't an issue but much prefer sticking in drive and just going

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some people are just set in their ways .. always will be. Don't see change as a good thing

I'd never buy a manual car again. I drive manual if I need. Like had a hire car other day and didn't mention I drive auto so got manual. Wasn't an issue but much prefer sticking in drive and just going

Likewise, won't buy a manual again. Swore by manual for 22 years then 4 years ago went auto with tiptronic and dual clutch, never looked back.
Nothing more fun then slipping it in to manual shift and blasting the paddles ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
More twenty somethings not wearing a mask on the train, actively boasting about it while supping on their lager. Sadly their arrogance was paired with an aggressive undercurrent and so any comment was going to end badly. Mentioned it to the guard as I got off. He couldn't have cared less either. Just frustrates the crap out of me as they are boarding at a gated area (Reading) so how hard is it to really manage it better. I am sure if they had no mask on the train they didn't to go through the barrier. These are supposedly one of the more susceptible groups in this latest spike.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More twenty somethings not wearing a mask on the train, actively boasting about it while supping on their lager. Sadly their arrogance was paired with an aggressive undercurrent and so any comment was going to end badly. Mentioned it to the guard as I got off. He couldn't have cared less either. Just frustrates the crap out of me as they are boarding at a gated area (Reading) so how hard is it to really manage it better. I am sure if they had no mask on the train they didn't to go through the barrier. These are supposedly one of the more susceptible groups in this latest spike.

We have brought back all our revenue staff from furlough to enforce the masks and more btp about but not a great job.. could turn nasty quick so sometimes let them through to avoid agg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have brought back all our revenue staff from furlough to enforce the masks and more btp about but not a great job.. could turn nasty quick so sometimes let them through to avoid agg

All for the barrier staff staying safe so get it. Annoyingly Reading has a BTP station and there were 4 BTP's outside the new entrance all standing about chatting. Surely it doesn't take much to get one to loiter on the barriers at either entrance. A visible presence surely a deterrent

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The new Sky Q router we were sent a couple of weeks ago. What a pile of scrap.
Constantly disconnecting from the internet, randomly blocks devices from connecting to it unless you power cycle the router.
I still have the old router which never really let me down, I'll be plugging it back in tomorrow ?

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Constantly disconnecting from the internet, randomly blocks devices from connecting to it unless you power cycle the router.
I still have the old router which never really let me down, I'll be plugging it back in tomorrow ?

Drop it into modem mode and buy a proper router.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I did exactly the same. The Q router is dog poo. The square one (netgear) was good and reliable!

I have since upgraded to a draytek, but its complicated as you need to spoof the mac address etc as sky don't want you messing about. but its possible.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got Sky Q about a year ago and only very rarely have any sort of issue with it. And any time I have a loss of internet access a quick reboot sorts it. Maybe as I am only very rarely inconvenienced by loss of internet access I am not that bothered.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw a Facebook post basically slating Harry Maguire for not arguing with the ref over a red card decision at the weekend. As if respecting the ref's decision is seen as being a rubbish captain of Man Utd. This attitude filters all the way down and it's no wonder Sunday League struggles to find refs.

D

Deleted member 16999

People moaning about Remembrance Day Parades being cancelled.:mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...when an individual, who will remain nameless, makes the sort of religious reference, which I will not repeat, that makes even such as I cringe...and despair that many listening will lap it up...