Random Irritations

Wolf

Visit site
Mother in law's funeral this morning, only five people allowed to attend and I gave up my place to look after my father in law who was advised by the doctor to stay at home.
That's really hard to read so god knows how you and your family are feeling. All of our thoughts are with you at this tough time.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Several years ago, one of my best friends died (apparent suicide, but never proven). For the last few years of his life we’d communicated mainly by E Mail.

It would appear that his old account has been hacked at some point and every now and then I get an E Mail from his account. It’s like a tiny little dagger through the heart every time.

The stupid thing is that I can’t bring myself to block his account. I don’t know why. It feels wrong.

Nothing wrong with that. I still have one of my best friends set of motorcycle keys in the kitchen cabinet. Sadly he has been gone 18 years. I will never throw them out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After reading the last post my moan of the afternoon seems even more minor

Going to hard wire my dash cam into my car (4th car I've hardwired , done a Mates and my other car plus old one) first time I can't find the fuse box diagram full stop! No online not in manual

Will make it more challenging

Was actually the easiest car I've done to date .. lots of spare fuse slots and first one I tried only comes on with engine PERFECT camera is done

Up the side of the trim into position and hidden away

Earthed on a nut under the steering wheel tight

Happy days

Under an hour from start to finish including packing away

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The muppet on Twitter responding to Oliver Holt;

Oliver Holt; In the midst of praising Liverpool for this volte-face, also important to give due credit to Manchester United and Manchester City, among others, for getting it right straight away.

Des Duffy; Sometimes it’s easy to get it right...but to get it wrong, and then to put it right. That takes real class. Thank you @PeterMooreLFC and FSG.

if it's that simple to get it right Des, why not do the right thing in the first place? Class my ass.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A lack of planning. Our main ICU is now a hot zone (Covid patients). All good and all planned. Sadly it suddenly dawned on everyone our staff kitchen, now becomes a hot kitchen so for any staff working in a Covid area. Again not a problem except that now leaves all the admin staff, the technicians and those working in the cold (non-Covid) area with no facility to make a drink, access to a cold tap to get drinking water. One helpful suggestion was to use the coffee machine in the relatives room. Hardly going to work with no access to a microwave to heat food or facilities to wash up.

Leftitshort

Visit site
A lack of planning. Our main ICU is now a hot zone (Covid patients). All good and all planned. Sadly it suddenly dawned on everyone our staff kitchen, now becomes a hot kitchen so for any staff working in a Covid area. Again not a problem except that now leaves all the admin staff, the technicians and those working in the cold (non-Covid) area with no facility to make a drink, access to a cold tap to get drinking water. One helpful suggestion was to use the coffee machine in the relatives room. Hardly going to work with no access to a microwave to heat food or facilities to wash up.
What about the staff canteen, where you had to enforce social distancing, is that still open?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What about the staff canteen, where you had to enforce social distancing, is that still open?
The restaurant is still open but that is two floors down and only open at set hours, certainly not in the evening after 7.30pm for any night staff or functional for anyone wanting a cup of tea or coffee during the working day. I had a plan but sadly looks to only be functional during the day and not beneficial to the night staff in the cold zone. In theory there is a theatre kitchen they could use but again, not overly close and rumour has it that'll become a "hot" zone soon.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mossies. Summers coming and the mossies have arrived. And how the hell did it get there :eek: HID has a couple of bites on her legs - hope the mossie is ok. I have one on my elbow and one on my...er… buttock. The little.:censored::censored:

Wolf

Visit site
The absolute moron of a neighbour who has been nailing down decking whilst shouting his head off from 7am this morning ?

Doesn't help I slept like crap last night either.