Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There could be a whole thread on this guy and his twitter feed- Piers Morgan.

Usually I quite like him but this morning on TV ‘interviewing’ Matt Hancock.

it was appalling. He over talked, continually interrupted and found him totally embarrassing. Ask a question and please let Hancock respond. Piers you have 2 ears and 1 mouth!
But the mouth is the size of the Mersey Tunnel..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There could be a whole thread on this guy and his twitter feed- Piers Morgan.

Usually I quite like him but this morning on TV ‘interviewing’ Matt Hancock.

it was appalling. He over talked, continually interrupted and found him totally embarrassing. Ask a question and please let Hancock respond. Piers you have 2 ears and 1 mouth!
I heard Hancock being interviewed this morning on BBC breakfast, he is clearly doing the rounds. He answered very well, didn't dodge a single question but importantly he was allowed to answer. Considering the pressure he is under right now I think he is coming across well.

On the whole, there is no political flannel in interviews at the moment. Ask a question, give a factual answer. There are times when the BBC interviewers are being unnecessarily aggressive as well but none will reach the low points of PM.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The unknown. I think I am going to be put into the fully isolate for 12 weeks category. Sooo many questions!! Just waiting for my letter to confirm, but we have been living pretty isolated to date anyway.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I heard Hancock being interviewed this morning on BBC breakfast, he is clearly doing the rounds. He answered very well, didn't dodge a single question but importantly he was allowed to answer. Considering the pressure he is under right now I think he is coming across well.

On the whole, there is no political flannel in interviews at the moment. Ask a question, give a factual answer. There are times when the BBC interviewers are being unnecessarily aggressive as well but none will reach the low points of PM.

I really like Louise Minchen (sp) but thought she was out of order on Breakfast this morning. We need to stop being so critical and demanding of answers - this is such a crazy situation that the answers form and re-form as quick as the blasted virus. Those in charge are working damned hard and have probably hardly slept. Imagine the responsibility in the decision-making...I'm not saying blindly agree with them but have a heart and cut them some slack.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really like Louise Minchen (sp) but thought she was out of order on Breakfast this morning. We need to stop being so critical and demanding of answers - this is such a crazy situation that the answers form and re-form as quick as the blasted virus. Those in charge are working damned hard and have probably hardly slept. Imagine the responsibility in the decision-making...I'm not saying blindly agree with them but have a heart and cut them some slack.
I did not see the whole interview this morning so missed where she went down that road. Totally agree with you. It is very easy to ask questions, particularly at a time like this which is unprecedented and so much is happening day by day. Much harder to make decisions that actually affect peoples lives. I would not want their roles right now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I bet about 20% are no-shows but booking for them and their mates just in case.
I agree. The club has set aside specific times based on the usual roll up groups and so all of those that play and have access have booked them and their mates in already. No doubt if the weather is a bit iffy or one or two decide to do other things they'll be gaps but the process is crap.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
People who work for the NHS who should know better that think not being able to play golf because the course is booked up is an irritation, and not the fact that the golf club is open in the first place.

D

Deleted member 16999

People/families needing to go to the shops 3 days in a row, surely, unless it’s medical, you need to sort your admin out!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
People who work for the NHS who should know better that think not being able to play golf because the course is booked up is an irritation, and not the fact that the golf club is open in the first place.
And what about some precious downtime from what is proving to be a stressful time, and that's before the main outbreak hits. And yes, given I've paid my subs I'd like to think I'd have an opportunity to get a game, especially at a time to suit and with people I'd like to play with to clear my head and have a laugh and forget Corona for a bit

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And what about some precious downtime from what is proving to be a stressful time, and that's before the main outbreak hits. And yes, given I've paid my subs I'd like to think I'd have an opportunity to get a game, especially at a time to suit and with people I'd like to play with to clear my head and have a laugh and forget Corona for a bit
You’re an idiot. An absolutely selfish idiot. You’re literally a danger to yourself, your friends and your loved ones and you just don’t give a damn because you’re a bit bored and stressed.

News for you champ - we are all bored and stressed. Don’t be a moron and STAY INDOORS.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You’re an idiot. An absolutely selfish idiot. You’re literally a danger to yourself, your friends and your loved ones and you just don’t give a damn because you’re a bit bored and stressed.

News for you champ - we are all bored and stressed. Don’t be a moron and STAY INDOORS.

I will when told to do so. At present the advice, followed by many this weekend was to go out and play golf if you wanted to while observing the guidance. Would be nice to be able to do that next weekend. HOWEVER if Boris changes that then I'll follow that guidance. As for work, I have been advised by my management to attend at present. Again if Boris changes things significantly to the point where management agree I need to be at home I will.