Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spilt a bottle of beer from the table between Mrs3OTT on Monday night. No problem really.

Last night I swiped a glass of wine from said table which smashed. OK so far but Mrs said that was a £40 glass. She then looked on google and a replacement glass was £110 she said.

Plastic cups tonight!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Took the grandsons up town to visit the Sky Garden... A bit irritating to find the outside terrace shut due to "inclement weather"... Not quite sure when a few rain drops morphed into "inclement" conditions :(...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought a car in December which came with a 3 month free breakdown cover from the RAC.
All I had to do is fill out the online form which included my bank details when I got home. Strange :unsure:

The free cover (which I never used) runs out in 3 weeks so I thought I'd check.
Sure enough, automatic renewal for 12 months.:mad:
I'm sure it says so on page 142 of the Ts and Cs but needless to say, they will not be getting my custom.
I know they all do it, but it's still sneaky and irritating .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My morning train, on which I usually have my choice of seats, being absolutely rammed full of people, presumably from some other cancelled train. Cue being wedged into a corner for 40 minutes.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Modern car parks which choose to separate the spaces with bricks which are only slightly darker than the bricks used for the rest of the space, and then when it's wet, or when they get dirty, you can't see the parking separation.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
knobs who thinks its perfectly acceptable to lean against the side of the train seat you are sitting on and then get arsey when you ask them no too

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My random irritation is the radiator in my bedroom

Noticed the smallest leak from the nut the valve at the bottom

Plumber only fitted November time

He came back tightened it for us .. said should be ok

Unfortunately it wasn't so he will come back tomorrow

It's minor ofc and it will be sorted but it's just one of them you got to give up another day to wait for someone. Fair play to him for fitting us in pronto tho could be worse

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ASDA selling "vegetarian chicken nuggets". If they're vegetarian then they don't have chicken in them. And if they don't have chicken in them they aren't chicken nuggets.

I had this discussion with someone at work who's cutting down on meat

I said like yourself it's stupid etc and he changed my mind. I was always like veggies shouldn't want things to taste like bacon etc

He pointed out that a lot of people change to veggie for health or other reasons and have grown up for years eating meat so find it easier if something is a veggie sausage .. so it looks normal to them and they can do what they need / choose to do without too much hardship

Made a valid point

We are cutting down our meat and had Quorn minced chilli the other day.. it was actually very nice and the look of meat defo helped

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I said like yourself it's stupid etc and he changed my mind. I was always like veggies shouldn't want things to taste like bacon etc

He pointed out that a lot of people change to veggie for health or other reasons and have grown up for years eating meat so find it easier if something is a veggie sausage .. so it looks normal to them and they can do what they need / choose to do without too much hardship

Made a valid point

We are cutting down our meat and had Quorn minced chilli the other day.. it was actually very nice and the look of meat defo helped

Completely agree with you. We now try to have a couple of vegetarian meals a week - fried piri-piri halloumi and red pepper wraps a particular favourite. It's not an anti vegetarian complaint. Just the fact that if it doesn't have chicken in then it's not a chicken nugget.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
One of my favorite restaurants has a 32 oz. prime rib on the menu.
For those of you who've joined the continent with kilograms, that's two pounds.
My wife was surprised at how easily I could still polish it off at my age.

With a garden salad and a huge Idaho baked potato with sour cream, yes, but in fairness, I passed on dessert, settling for Sambuca in my coffee.
That would never had happened ten years ago.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Made a valid point

That argument doesn't really work when calling it a chicken nugget though does it?
Call It a veggie nugget sure, but not a chicken one.