Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I have a new sim card......
And I have to wait up to 24 hours to find out if it works or not.
Why?
Why does it take up to a day?
Surely it's simple, a spotty youth pressing a button somewhere ......
Baffled.....
And its still a PITA!
I think they just say 24 hours so you're not back there complaining if it's not done straight away, but it normally takes much less - more like a couple of hours. Could be wrong, but I think that was my memory of sim transfers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Aberdeen to Inverness train, 2 carriages on and jam packed with the usual people standing at the doors, Scotrail are an absolute shambles.
look on the bright side Brian at least it ran...:LOL: last time i tried to get a train from sceck it was cancelled, so came home and drove instead

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think they just say 24 hours so you're not back there complaining if it's not done straight away, but it normally takes much less - more like a couple of hours. Could be wrong, but I think that was my memory of sim transfers.
Up and running
Both SIM and phone were fine...it was a cock up at EE's end.
A quick account reset after 10 minutes online chat with one of their techies and it's done....
Normal service is resumed...

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank goodness, I was worried sick ;)

Akin to the forgotten line that is the Fife circle, most mornings the peak time 0736 Inverkeithing to Edinburgh is 2 carriages. Already rammed when it arrives then 200 more try to get on. Sooner Abelio are stripped of the franchise the better, I never thought they could worse than First Group but, surprise!...

D

Deleted member 1740

Sports journalists who are in privileged positions then ask stupid questions ?‍♂️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Online Cash ISA! Withdrew some funds friday to pay for the bathroom and flooring and a few other bits. Thought it hadnt processed when site crashed so did it again. Realised it had duplicated so sent the duplicate payment back. Checked the ISA this am and the returned payment wasnt there. Send them a message only to get told that because i didnt deposit into the ISA last year I have to sign a new disclaimer before they will put my money back in my account :( and that when they do it will count as part of my qualifying payments this year :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tradesmen! Twice today!

If you say 8am turn up at 8am not 10.15!

If you say 3pm turn up at 3pm not 5.30!

First to complain when the customer is an inch out of step but cant even pick up the phone when running 2 hrs late!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
ALEX SALMOND, Having at least TEN police officers protecting/guarding him leaving court today after a short appearance to plea on multiple attempted/rape charges.
Seen on the STV 6pm news tonight, amazingly one of the previous item was about the police budget and the shortage of officers available on the streets. :mad::mad:.
Is he still actually government official ? why the special treatment, he has also raised/pleaded for funds for his defence :eek:

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
7 year old granddaughter broke her arm close to the shoulder in a soft play area this afternoon. It cant be plastered, I really feel for the beautiful little girl

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Laptop was fully charged when I turned it off last night, when I try and put it on tonight it wouldn't turn on. Battery has completely drained while it was switched off?? How? Why?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shoe laces that even when tied correctly routinely come undone, its just lazy/bad design

It has one purpose, hold the knot while the wearer is walking :(