Random Irritations

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I learned to drive in a 1955 Austin A30, but unfortunately it broke down the day before my test :mad:.
I had to borrow and use my BIL's Austin A35 on the day, to me it seemed enormous ginormous in comparison :confused:, but I still passed 1st time :D.
Seeing them now they both look like Dinky cars :ROFLMAO:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
People who say that football is gone or ruined or other such nonsensical claim because of VAR or money or whatever reason but then they still watch it and follow their team.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today's very random irritation is the postman

I have a ring door bell. He uses it constantly with no issue

Today (same guy) knocked on the door.. we have a porch and front door both double glazing so you can't hear someone knocking on porch.. hence the bell

So missed his knock.. only noticed when I was checking something on my account

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Idiots that leave their overflowing bins out in these winds and then do nothing to clear up their own crap when it inevitably gets blown over and spews its contents. What happened to common sense
How about the bin men that will only take your black sacks from just outside your property boundary....not inside but just outside. Leave them just inside and the bags are protected from the full force of the wind by shrubbery and such but they get left behind. Put them outside the boundary on the pavement where they will take them from and watch the wind play it's game.
It's the same with plastic/glass recycling and paper.
Stupid isn't the word.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
This is another service /duty which is the Councils responsibility , that should never have been privatised.
If you now , rightly, complain to the Council about this crass stupidity and failure of duty, you will be met, I imagine, with the attitude that "it is the operator 's at fault, not us".
Outsource the job, outsource the responsibility

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How about the bin men that will only take your black sacks from just outside your property boundary....not inside but just outside. Leave them just inside and the bags are protected from the full force of the wind by shrubbery and such but they get left behind. Put them outside the boundary on the pavement where they will take them from and watch the wind play it's game.
It's the same with plastic/glass recycling and paper.
Stupid isn't the word.
i'd agree, its windy up here a lot of the time and you gets bins all over the place on a reg basis, with the contents all over the place. the other thing that gets me is the Recycling bin, i now have to put ours out in the morning as you get knobs stick dog dirt bags in your bin, the Scaffies open the lid on each to make sure it has no unrecyclable items in it and the first thing they see is bags off poo so won't take the bin

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried to install Football Manager 2005 on my laptop last night, but apparently it just doesn't work on Windows 10, and there's nothing I can do about it. Oh well, back to CM01/02 I guess.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
My NHS number has been mixed up with somebody else’s with the same name and date of birth. It’s been 10 months and not been sorted. Passed from pillar to post. Can’t find the relevant body to talk to, or I must work for the NHS to discuss. Nobody understands the severity of it. if I was too incapacitated in an accident and they made medical decisions based on somebody else’s medical data, I’d be knackered.
I’ve gave up with the shambles, I’ll try my luck without.

I’d of liked the NHS to be sold off, but this just fuels my hatred towards its mismanagement even more.

My medication is two thirds more in price online luckily, I can afford it, unluckily I didn’t select the private healthcare benefit at work and have to wait till the end of the year to enroll again.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well, I have a new sim card......
And I have to wait up to 24 hours to find out if it works or not.
Why?
Why does it take up to a day?
Surely it's simple, a spotty youth pressing a button somewhere ......
Baffled.....
And its still a PITA!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Due to the weather and the course we suppose to be playing keep closing at a moments notice the society have cancelled the first event of the season on thursday

however not a massive problem as I managed to get a shift of overtime instead so mayb no golf but least plenty of cash for more golf when they decide to play it