Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Normal resting heart rate is anywhere between 60-100, then obviously the fitter you get the better (lower) your resting heart rate becomes. So 46 is pretty good mate and shows that the football you play is obviously having a postive effect.

Whereas your max working heart rate should be 220 - your age, workout that calculation and you get a good idea of how hard to push yourself when exercising though heart rate is only 1 of the significant factors in fitness the other is Vo2 max and that's while lot more complex to calculate.

Often test mine as part of my work and as of last week my resting heart rate is 41.
Well thanks, that is certainly reassuring - I don't feel that fit though, really. I mean I can get round a football pitch fine, but it's not as if I have the frame of an athlete, haha. For example, we did a bleep test in summer and I only made it to like half way through level 7. My 5k running time is usually between 26-27 mins. So probably only a little better than average fitness. Of course the heart rate app may not be wholly accurate. :p

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Painting.

I hate painting

With a passion lol

Just endless mess regardless how hard you try and keep it tidy

Got a lot of the house to do.. however I'm gonna stick to mist coating most and my mates gonna do some for me so it looks good and I can not do it lol

Wolf

Visit site
Well thanks, that is certainly reassuring - I don't feel that fit though, really. I mean I can get round a football pitch fine, but it's not as if I have the frame of an athlete, haha. For example, we did a bleep test in summer and I only made it to like half way through level 7. My 5k running time is usually between 26-27 mins. So probably only a little better than average fitness. Of course the heart rate app may not be wholly accurate. :p
You don't have to be in physically good shape to be fit 🤣

Wolf

Visit site
Irritation 3 of the day... At myself for being a complete 🔔🔚... Was cooking dinner went to take a tray out of the oven but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and instead of using a tea towel or oven gloves I for some dumbass reason grabbed the tray with my bare hands... Dinner all over the floor and a nicely burnt few fingers 😠

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Irritation 3 of the day... At myself for being a complete 🔔🔚... Was cooking dinner went to take a tray out of the oven but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and instead of using a tea towel or oven gloves I for some dumbass reason grabbed the tray with my bare hands... Dinner all over the floor and a nicely burnt few fingers 😠

Ouch!! Lavender oil is great for burns.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Couriers who leave parcels on the front door step
I get home to find a box propped up against the front door, soaking wet as it's been heaving down for hours and in full view so anyone passing, leafleting or any other delivery driver could walk off with it.
Peasants!!:mad:

Well that saved me a lot of typing. You missed the fact that it's also an advert that the house is unoccupied to passing burglars, and that 3 feet from the parcel is a recycling box with a lid that would have kept said parcel dry. The books inside it are wrecked.

Absolutely brain dead.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
2 irritations today

1) O2 being a pain in the arse, my contract renewal was due 3 days ago but today I decided to pop into town to upgrade, to be told sorry Mr Wolf our systems says your not due for another 2years😠, there I am sat there with my paper copy that I got 2 years ago showing my Contract is actually expired and with the text msg and email them advising me 3 days ago my upgrade is now available due to my contract expiration... Needless to say hours of cocking about and they have issued a cancellation of contract because they're in the wrong buy still won't do the upgrade so I am going to another provider.

2) still waiting for the military to release my med docs for me to potentially change my career, its getting on for something like 8 or 9 weeks now with them now saying they've acknowledged on syten they received a request but don't know when they will do it 😠

And another; when I joined, you had 2 separate bills, device & airtime. When the device was paid you just paid the airtime & kept the old device or you could take out a new device plan. Except when you go in to do it you are ten told you can't take out a new device plan without a new airtime plan; if you want a new device & the old plan it's cash up front.

Caber relocaters!! :mad:

Wolf

Visit site
And another; when I joined, you had 2 separate bills, device & airtime. When the device was paid you just paid the airtime & kept the old device or you could take out a new device plan. Except when you go in to do it you are ten told you can't take out a new device plan without a new airtime plan; if you want a new device & the old plan it's cash up front.

Caber relocaters!! :mad:
Pretty much sums up my issue, still get 2 bills 1 for device and the other airtime, both are out of contract but still trying to find a way out of letting me upgrade without changing tariff because they want more money... I'm off phone hunting tomorrow with a different network, csnt use EE though no bloody signal where I live..

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Pretty much sums up my issue, still get 2 bills 1 for device and the other airtime, both are out of contract but still trying to find a way out of letting me upgrade without changing tariff because they want more money... I'm off phone hunting tomorrow with a different network, csnt use EE though no bloody signal where I live..

Only thing about a change is that I'd lose O2 Priority and that's got me to the front of the queue for some very good concerts. On the other hand when I think what I've paid for them a change could benefit the bank balance... :oops:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Only thing about a change is that I'd lose O2 Priority and that's got me to the front of the queue for some very good concerts. On the other hand when I think what I've paid for them a change could benefit the bank balance... :oops:

All 02 customers get priority still don't they?

If its that important to you. Change network to best available tariff with whichever provider and change your expired contract to payg. £10 credit lasts you a year and let's you keep o2 priority.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Go to a 3rd party site like mobiles direct or mobiles to you

They throw deals around with one bill

Mines £40 pm for a Samsung s10 with 100gb data on a 2 year deal

I was with O2 before.. switch to another O2 deal and transferred the number across rather than upgrading

Failing that go on your O2 app and if it says you can upgrade it will show you deals .. their not as good tbh.. I find going direct is appalling compared

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go to a 3rd party site like mobiles direct or mobiles to you

They throw deals around with one bill

Mines £40 pm for a Samsung s10 with 100gb data on a 2 year deal

I was with O2 before.. switch to another O2 deal and transferred the number across rather than upgrading

Failing that go on your O2 app and if it says you can upgrade it will show you deals .. their not as good tbh.. I find going direct is appalling compared
Got mine through mobiles.co.uk, got a Samsung Galaxy A5 with 4gb data (I don't use it that much) for only £24 quid a month, and that is on O2.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Receiving an order for recovery of unpaid parking charge for an offence that supposedly happened three years ago! How can it have gone unchased for that long?? Just send the appeal form back saying we never received the parking charge notice. Don't see how they can prove that we did when it was three years ago? Not sure what's going on here really. Wife insists she paid any outstanding fines we've received over the years.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Receiving an order for recovery of unpaid parking charge for an offence that supposedly happened three years ago! How can it have gone unchased for that long?? Just send the appeal form back saying we never received the parking charge notice. Don't see how they can prove that we did when it was three years ago? Not sure what's going on here really. Wife insists she paid any outstanding fines we've received

Is it a real parking fine (council etc) or an invoice from a company?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got mine through mobiles.co.uk, got a Samsung Galaxy A5 with 4gb data (I don't use it that much) for only £24 quid a month, and that is on O2.

That's a good deal. Don't get me wrong I could have gone cheaper ... I was leaving iPhone so didn't know where to look really

My old contract was £49 a month with less data on iPhone

So £9 a month saved I look at it as

Plus sold the phone for £300 yet this was £10 upfront so £290 profit

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Then you need to be careful how you deal with it. I'd look on www.pepipoo.com as they are pretty expert at these matters and give solid, free advice. My tip is not to say anything at this stage that is not true or non supportable if it were to escalate.
Thanks for that, haven't heard of that site before. The form that they give you to fill in though only had four tick-box options on it. Two of them basically said you responded within 28 days which I can't say that we did - one of them said I have paid this with an option to fill in when and how (she would have to check back through three years of bank statements and somehow tie a payment to this offence) - and the other one which I picked says we never received a penalty charge notice.