Random Irritations

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'll add this post to my random irritations

My grandad wouldn't even let me talk about the game when I arrived round boxing day straight from it.. whole house of grown ups unable to talk the game at all so he could watch as live

Very much pet hate

It's like a movie based on a true story.. do you not watch because oh we know what happens? No you watch to see how does that happen

Won't ruin the round for you .. but if was football for example you would watch to see right how did that goal come about
You’re missing the point....there’s a perfectly good thread in The Lounge Section for this event which your original post would be appropriate to.
If it was football I wouldn’t care less as I have no interest in it but I do avoid the results of Moto GP as I like to watch that on a Sunday evening.
In case you haven’t noticed there are a fair few folk that record many different types of programmes to avoid adverts and have no wish to receive or hear spoilers.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You’re missing the point....there’s a perfectly good thread in The Lounge Section for this event which your original post would be appropriate to.
If it was football I wouldn’t care less as I have no interest in it but I do avoid the results of Moto GP as I like to watch that on a Sunday evening.
In case you haven’t noticed there are a fair few folk that record many different types of programmes to avoid adverts and have no wish to receive or hear spoilers.
If it were football, tennis or cricket I could understand your frustration.

But you're on a golf forum. At times things will cross the lines of out of bounds and the lounge.

If he'd complained it was gonna cost him money as he'd backed someone else then this would be entirely the correct thread, and it woukd still have contained spoilers.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
This post is really irritating.
Have got the final round on record to watch later, so avoiding any media updates and other news items.
Perhaps a Golf Irritations, European Tour or Race to Dubai thread would have been more appropriat.
That reminded me of the old TV series "The Likely Lads " the episode where they'd recorded a footy game then tried to avoid finding out the result all day so they could watch it live :ROFLMAO: .

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
BBC news pixelating the face of a machete weilding youth at the cinema event. Really? Ooh, we need to protect his identity for data protection? Rubbish. He needs banging up, so let people see his face and identify the thug.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Theatre etiquette, or a complete lack there of; if you’ve selected 4 seats bang in the middle of the row, don’t fall out of the bar at 7.29 for a 7.30 curtain.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The cats that think my garden is their personal toilet... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Someone told me once that he found the answer by blowing up a long balloon, burying it in the garden just under the soil where the cats poo.
When they scratch the soil - bang. Cat retreats sharpish and decides not to go there again.
Never tried it, but I can see how it might work😀

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone told me once that he found the answer by blowing up a long balloon, burying it in the garden just under the soil where the cats poo.
When they scratch the soil - bang. Cat retreats sharpish and decides not to go there again.
Never tried it, but I can see how it might work😀
Brilliant a big blow job for a pussy cat lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry but if you want to avoid spoilers best to stay off most of the internet

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I tried to do something similar with The Masters last year. Weather moving it to morning really scuppered my original plan.

Disabled all sports app notifications, social media, WhatsApp, stayed off here. Sorted.

BBC News send a breaking news notification when Tiger won. Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried to do something similar with The Masters last year. Weather moving it to morning really scuppered my original plan.

Disabled all sports app notifications, social media, WhatsApp, stayed off here. Sorted.

BBC News send a breaking news notification when Tiger won. Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

however did that make you want to not watch it? or were you like how did that happen? lets watch and see it unfold..

knowing the result can be great... especially when it seems to not be going that way at the time and your like just how the hell did that happen..